Thursday, November 1, 2018

Much Anticipated Finds!

I began browsing a site I hadn't tried, as suggested by my sis. To my surprise, there was a Lot of plushies and dolls, and in between all the items, was a Rushton sad bear!! I took a double take and pressed the zoom button. Sure enough, in the lot was a sad Rushton. I waited patiently and waited, when the auction was about to end, it was a bidding war with one other bidder. In the end, I won the Lot! Yess! Sadly, the site doesn't send to Guam. Ugh. But, I was able to have Blaire to be the recipient of my Lot. The lot arrived to her safely and she mailed him to me along with a bunch of cute goodies. She was so kind to gift me along with a trade! I'm just so thankful for all the help she's given me for finding some of my top ISO's. Love you sis!

First, the Rushton bear!!!
 The box, and safely wrapped in tissue paper, was the Rushton bear! Oh my gosh! He's even more gorgeous in person. You see, he is as close as I will get to my ISO, I really want the Blue Sad bear with handkerchief. I will find it someday, but this is the Valentine's version of the sad bear. He stands about 8" tall and comes with a heart message that says, "Crying for You", with red ribbon. I've seen other versions that say, "I want to be loved". Who could resist?! Haha.




 The pin on his ear, is a badge with the words, "Expert Liar". Haha. I guess the previous owner lied about being a good valentine to whoever he/she loved. Sad, so I took it off and will decide if I will wash him or not or restuff him? He is just amazing, and now one of my faves in my Rushton collection!

 Just a few of the other goodies in the box! Yup, she helped me find my blue furry ceramic pup too! And my heart was just touched by her kindness and all of these kitsch goodies! We also traded, my rare flocked red bunbun with kewpie face for a lovely unicorn shaker!! Oh my! Another ISO, unheard of! Three ISOs in one box, I was grinning from ear to ear! God bless you Blaire, you don't realize how much you've made my year!


 How cute is this lovely art also made by her! She knew I loved mermaids too, and the blue bunny by meyercord as a photo, I must find frames for all of the cuteness! Squeee! Here's some close ups of the Unicorn. Oh my Gosh...

 Both right beside my other art piece. I may touch up my Uni. Blaire, thank you dear from my heart to yours. I'm truly blessed by your friendship. Unicorn sisters Unite! LOL  I also have to share these items that came in as well. I ordered these two lovely retro bluetooth radios from Hot Topic! Thanks to Angela of motherdaughterpyrex, she shared a photo of her space with her pink radio. I love that I can play the radio or listen to my playlist on my iphone and look stylishly retro! Yessss, please! Trust me you can't resist this one either. I kept the blue, whilst Taby fell in love with the pink one. Ha!






 Finally, the cute mini Duck plushie made by retopop on IG. I couldn't help but adopt one via Yahoo Japan. These are made with clay for their faces and then hand sewn plush body and handpainted. I love the vintage look of them, and how small they are too. Basically, made to be plush toys for your Blythe, Licca chan, etc. dolls! Also, this vintage basket with dolly graphics! It's just adorable and I could probably hang it up for display or maybe I will place it on my end table and fill it with little plushies and baby dolls?! Just love the vintage 1950s dolly vibe. The dolls an toys in the graphics looked to be German perhaps? I will have to do more research. That's all for now.

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

2 comments:

  1. what site? i only know of eBay and Etsy to get dolls, I don’t know about smaller sights. I’d appreciate it, thanks! I don’t own any rushton (or any) plushies yet and this little bear is on the too of my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear Leah, these days it is more and more expensive to find a Rushton. I hope you do dear. Many hugs, Gigi

      Delete