Tuesday, December 11, 2018

A Few Finds Arrive...

It's been a good week. So far, a lot of wind and not too much rain, except the past day or so. It's actually been dry and nice. Thank goodness. I hope you all are having a good week too! Christmas is almost here!! I can't believe how fast this year has gone!!
 I went to ROSS on Saturday and found this lovely retro kitsch looking teal tin 2-tiered shelf. I immediately fell in love with it. Reminds me of those metal shelves a lot of my fellow kitsch collectors got to hold all their ceramic kitsch cuties. I don't have that much wall space, so a shelf that I can place on my dresser is simpler for me, then me having to find a spot on the wall. What do you think? I was able to get it at a steal of a deal too, $7.99 minus my daughter's discount! Yay! I also took a pic of the two yawning bears by Rushton. I'm keeping the yellow cat, and the red bear is already listed in my shop for adoption. I even created a comparison pic of the cute 1958 catalog for you to see of the ad by Rushton for them!!


 Aren't they both adorbs! I decided to take a quick outdoor photo of my color me doll and yellow bunbun. They just look so creepy cute together! I also found this cutie on Ebay, a vintage made in Korea, Easter duck toy with fur. I've had her on my watch list for a month, and finally decided to get her. Who could resits a furry duck in blue? Not me, LOL!



 One of my favorite finds, are these cute vintage Tomy Tinkle Chan dolls. I was able to adopt them from IG, a seller had them up for adoption, and as soon as I saw them, I made sure to PM her. You see, these are very rare small kiddle type dolls, but made in Japan. Every time, they are up for auction on Yahoo Japan, they go for some ridiculous amount. So, it was truly a blessing to find them and at a really nice price too. Both were needing TLC. The dress of one doll, basically needed to be recreated. So, I took apart the old one and made a new dress for her. Made by Tomy in Japan, these dolls stand about just under 1.5 inches tall. Similar to perhaps the Jewelry Kiddle dolls. But, look at their faces and eyes. Just too cute aren't they? They came in green, pink, yellow, and orange hair. I'm not sure what other colors, but I'm guessing a rainbow. Haha.

 After Ross and getting that shelf, I made my way to the Goody Store once again, and found a few things I needed for Christmas, like name tags, and this cute white and blue ornament, I thought would be great at first for the pink Christmas tree I got. But later, I realized it would be too big for it and when I took it out of the packaging, I found out it was an LED light up ornament! What?!! LOL Yup, look at the colorful lights... It became a great light decor underneath the pink tree you'll read about next.



 Last, I did get this lovely 18 inch pink Christmas tree from Ebay. I was thinking about a table top tree and searching for a nice pink one, this was it, and at a reasonable price too. It came in a large padded envelope, which kind of shocked me a bit!! But, all was well with the tree. I set it up and was adding decorations to it most of the day. What do you think?  I'm missing something to it though... So, I may add a white ribbon or tinsel? Hhm. The decor you see are some polka dotted baby blue and pink bows from the Daiso shop from a past trip to Japan, a few mini white satin xmas ornaments I got over the summer through Etsy, along with silver large beads I made into ornaments, using pierced earring hoops. The pink bow on the top, I made from ribbon I bought, from the Goody Store. With words in gold saying, "Merry and Bright". The tree skirt is actually, that cute shiny vintage wrapping paper from one of my packages, if you recall? I simply love it and it looks nice on top of the teal tiered shelf. Now, It's starting to feel a lot like Christmas for me now.

Have a beautiful and safe week everyone. I do hope your holiday decor makes you feel the incredible love, peace, and joy that Christmas brings...

Thank you for stopping by! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment