Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Happy December Finds!!

Oh my, this whole year has come and gone so quickly... Many amazing and wondrous things I've found, new experiences, and lots of learning along the way! Gosh, when I look back at all the amazing finds, I think this year has been quite unique compared to others. I've come a long way, and must admit, that, I find myself letting go of many of my treasures sooner rather then later. It's a good cleansing and a nice treat for those who have adopted them.

Sigh, here's my happy finds for the past weekend up until today!
 This awesome Bittersqueaks Planet toy gun in pink!! I decided to visit Bittersqueaks shop on etsy and found that these cute toy guns were available! Yessss, I thought for sure she sold out already, nope. There was pink, gold and blue. I wish I could get them all. But my ultimate fave, is pink! It arrived safely and it's so hard not to want to open and play with it. Haha. You see, as a kid, I used to play with my brothers "Army", we called it. We'd get our toy guns and go to the family ranch, and pretend we were in the army and had war with an invisible enemy. My brothers had their toy guns and I wanted to yield a gun too, but my older brother Matt, said, I had to be the nurse instead. Ugh. Not happy with that role. But, it did give me a chance to play along or be told I had to go home. Seeing this made me say, "Yes, I can be a badass Army girl still!" LOL The toy gun also reminds me of "Barbarella" the movie. I'm gonna be a badass Alien fighting girl too!" Haha.
 Kate Hart and Mab Graves are the awesome women behind this creation. I love the cute postcard Kate sent with the gun. A treasure to keep also, with Mab's lovely artwork on both the postcard and the gun's packaging. Both these ladies create some awesome things and for me, this gun is just one of my dream items from them! Thank you Kate and Mab for this awesome creation!!

 Here are the finds from Yahoo Japan and Ebay, that came in... A lot of two plush bears from Japan, a Rune Naito Clown coin bank, a ceramic blue kewpie trinket box, and a yellow Rushton bear from ebay. First, this lovely vintage ceramic clown coin bank, I found on a separate site from Yahoo Japan. In lovely condition, and still has its original rubber stopper. Measures about 9" tall. I will add this to my shop soon. Next, this lovely lot of two vintage plush bears, that are like purses, or perhaps, they hide secret things? Both are in good to great condition for their age, and have zippers at the back to hide or place things inside. I will have both of them added to my shop too.



 One, is a tan colored and has his original ribbon. They also have a chain on them. Measuring about 12" each. The orange or light brown colored bear needs a bit of cleaning. Both have such sweet yawning faces too! Their hands are sewn together so you can also have them hold something too.


 Last, from Yahoo Japan, this amazing K and K Original ceramic Kewpie blue trinket or vanity box. I was so thrilled to see I won via auction. Just like the yellow kewpie style vase I got here in this post. This is also by the same maker. He reminds me of the cat figurines I got last year, here in this post. He will be added to my collection for now...

 I also took a photo of the three kewpie face ceramics I have left. I sold the cat figurines to a friend on IG. I will miss them, but these cuties have the sweetest faces though, and they fit and don't take up too much space, whew. I also won this lovely vintage yellow Rushton Star Creation bear from ebay. He didn't need as much cleaning as the red plush bear. Also, in nicer condition. I did however have to hand pick out the hairs that were all over him, ugh. I believe they were animal fur? Not sure. He smelled nice, but there was a lot of hair on him, that I painstakingly removed. You see I'm allergic to cat hairs, and some dog hairs, I would say mostly short haired one's. Long hair, I seem to be okay with. I love animals, but sadly, for this reason I can't keep a pet in our home, they have to be outdoor pets. This bear is about 11" tall, and I don't feel any peanut type shells in his body, or pellets, like the red one. He is stuffed and only had one small flaw, a hole on his side. Even his tag is nice and not frayed.  I'll try to take a photo of this bear and the red bear together. He is my newest fave of my plushies!



  I even stopped by the Goody store and found these cute stocking stuffers, tea lighted animals, a bear, and a bunny! Just cute. When I got back home, I took out my bottle brush trees and added a few to my dresser display, along with this cute deer Taby bought for me on discount from ROSS. I also took a few pics of our Christmas tree in the living room and some of the decor by the entertainment center...


 Thanks for stopping by! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment