Saturday, December 15, 2018

Vintage Gund Bunny Etc.

I've been trying my best to save, and basically limit buying new products for the shop or myself. Funny thing is, when you stop searching to buy, that's when all the good stuff shows up and you wanna kick yourself for being good and then reminding yourself that you must refuse the temptation... Haha, yeah, right?!

Ugh. Oh well, but these two items I just couldn't say no too...
 On ebay, I found this lovely girl Gund up for grabs and at a really decent price compared to most! Sure she has some issues, but I figured I could clean her up and well, we will see... Basically, seller stated she was a vintage rubber face plush, with stains to her body and a small tear on one foot, about 19 inches tall. I knew she was either a Rushton or Gund. Seller didn't mention whether there was a tag or not. So,when she arrived quickly to me I was a bit disappointed, because there was a lot more problems then stated. First, the box she arrives in was crushed, and wet, even soaked, that the box was literally falling apart as I opened it. Perhaps snow and it melted along the way? She was not covered in plastic to protect her, so her feet was damp too. Second, it was more then her foot that had a tear, there was a small tear on the back of her neck. Her skirt had more than fraying, the front had a hole where the lace and fabric meet on the left side. As you can see from the photo above, there were pins put in to keep the strap and skirt in place, and not sewn. She did have a lot of stains on her legs back side, and arm, though that was mentioned. Her mohair was missing around her forehead, after washing her, it became nappy. I may have to fix that later if I can remove the old mohair with no issues...


 She didn't smell, which was a good thing, but I decided to wash her anyways. I took off the skirt and worked on that first. While she was in the wash, on small cycle. After about 30 minutes, she was done. I place her in the dryer for a few minutes, maybe about 4. Then, took her out to air dry. While she was air drying, I had sewn the tears on her body and sewn fabric on the underside of her feet, since the fabric was very delicate there an easily ripped. By the next day she was pretty much dried. I work on brushing her mohair, and added a blue sheer bow. Which I may change later. Her ears are floppy. The wire in them bunched up, at the tip of her ears. I may have to go in there and replace them or take them out altogether. After the washing, her fabric turned out nice, and clean, with most of the spotting gone too. I may need to touch up her nose, but otherwise, she is gorgeous and her face so unique, compared to my Rushtons. From the tag on her skirt, she is not a Rushton, but a Gund Bunny. I've seen the boy version mostly, so to find this girl bunbun, was nice. Yay me! Love her bright eyes and smiling face too.

 Also, I decided to take out my blue deer, since many collectors were taking theirs out for Christmas photos. He's just a cutie, and rare, I'm told. Definitely the Christmas season for him! But, I may keep him out longer than just Christmas... Ha! I also found this lovely "Creepy Doll Costume" on Hot Topic's website, on sale too! I couldn't resist and they had my size! Yay me! I will alter it a bit to look more cute and less 'costumey'. Teehee. I already started, the bow was with a rose and on the waist, I removed it and added it to the collar. I may get larger bows instead... We'll see...
I also wanted to share, that a few fellow collectors and friends, have shared, that I should do commissions to fix vintage dolls and toys. So, I'm considering the idea. If you would like me to help restore your vintage plush or dolly, comment and let me know what you think also? Thank you to everyone who reads and enjoys my blog! Sending you all much love and hugs, Gigi
 Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment