Saturday, March 16, 2019

Besame: Mermaid Lagoon Parfume!!!

Oh my goodness!!! Yup, I caved and got myself the Mermaid Lagoon perfume made by Besame Cosmetics. I first saw, it via Instagram, another collector was talking about how she was waiting for her order, and she shared a photo of the perfume bottle!! A lovely mermaid from "Peter Pan's Mermaid Lagoon". I've always loved that scene best too! Now there's a cute perfume bottle in that theme. Awesome!



 I ordered my bottle online at the website link above. It is a bit pricey for a bottle of perfume, at least to me, but it was a birthday gift to myself. Yippee! It took a bit too long for it to arrive to me, like a little over a month. Yup, February 7th was when I ordered and it arrived to me today. I did message their customer service, mostly because I was disappointed that they had used UPS, and they do not, I repeat do not drive down here to my house to deliver! They will use the US Postal to send it my way, or call me up to come drive up to their office to pick up my packages. UGH! I almost never, choose to use their services, if I can help it. Sorry a bit of a rant there. Haha.

Anywho, basically, paid like over $35 for UPS to ship, mind you they sent it to USPS, and then used Parcel Select/ meaning by boat to Guam. I was not pleased at all. So, I told Besame about that, and they kindly sent me full refund for shipping. Thank you Besame!! I did suggest that they give options for those of us in the Territories, when we order from their website. That way we can choose if we would like to have our goodies shipped via UPS, USPS, etc. I hope they do that... On to the perfume!!

 I opened the box, and inside lots of popcorn, ha! I read many customers reviews and saw that Besame even adds gifts along with your order. I received, a vintage style postcard, three mermaid lagoon stickers, a Snow white wallet, and a Brightening Vanilla Rose Powder sample. Oh my!


 I love the vintage look of everything!! Now onto the mermaid perfume... Title: Mermaid Lagoon, 1953 Collection, Waterfall Mist. The graphics are lovely, with pearl like shininess. It actually smells fresh and something my grandmother may have worn back in the day. It's light and not too strong. Sadly, the mermaid herself smells of strong plastic or rubber. Maybe if I leave her out it will slowly go away.



Next, I received this mint in package plush grey squirrel from Ebay. He was nice and minty. Made in Japan. I love the $1.69 price tag. Nice coloring and face too. He is quite unique. His stuffing is probably foam too. Then, I found a dress that my cutie Sebino doll could fit, and I added pink bows to her hair. Now, she is in my display cabinet with my other dollies!



 On the way to drop customers packages at the PO. I made it a point to get my Goody Store fix, and boy, was I glad I did. Yay! I found some new items on their shelves... These cute Rose of Versailles type manga memo notebooks, caught my eye as I was browsing the school supplies section. Just look further at the photos, inside, it is like a manga comic book, but you can write notes or maybe diary notes inside. Just adorable and probably the size of a Ball Jointed doll's book. Could be great as miniatures for your dolls. I also found this lovely star shaped, glass jar. There were more, but I want to see what I can create with this one...


 The front cover of this manga memo, has Marie Antoinette. Inside pages... Then, there's Lady Oscar, and the pages inside this memo. Now, looking closely at them, I wish I had gotten more!! Ha.



 When we got home, I found my blue girl had fallen off the radio, and broke her leg. Sadly, she was already repaired when I got her, but now the same leg broke, ugh. I bought some pleather from the store also and added it to the base of her bottom, hopefully that will keep her from moving or falling again. I may need to use suede if the pleather doesn't work. Never fun when you have a casualty with ceramics, and I believe it happened while Sam was taking out his pants for work. Ugh.

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment