Saturday, March 23, 2019

Smiley is here!!

Today, an adorable unique plush kitty arrived all the way from Illinois!! Thank you dear Holly, he arrived safely to me and I just love him!! While doing my usual searches on Ebay, this cutie, was listed and with a "Buy it Now" price. I was a bit shocked, because he was minty and even had his tags, wait, no buyer?! Whaaaaat?! I looked at my funds, and made my move to adopt him. He arrived rather quickly to, Yay!
1950s vintage Ideal Smiley cat with his mouse friend. Now, if you read the Ad it gives a bit more information about him, and back then he was $7.99!! Yup a musical cat, and he still works!! He plays, "Brahms Lullaby". He just need a bit of a wipe down, and his ribbon and tags are nice and minty. After wiping his face and the mouse carefully, they turned out nicely. I even brushed his fur, just to fluff him up a bit. I looked around for his key to turn so he plays, but instead its the mouse you wind and then the music plays! Cool! I would have known that earlier if I had read the ad I found. Haha. Holly even sent along a cute retro postcard with catalog ad! So kitschy cute! The ad shown above, I just happened, to save, because of another plush that I had sold, when I was looking up research info. on him. I'm glad I saved this ad.







I made a third jar with cute animal stickers. The cat with the bow is my latest creation. I love these little glass canisters and they look sweet holding all my fake candy cabs...

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Thank you for checking my blog out! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment