Sunday, March 31, 2019

Sunday Creations...

Friday, I received a few items in the mail and had already posted one of them in my shop. Today, I decided I would try to work on some projects that had been set aside. First, I had decided to switch up my decor on my wire chair, I put my cute Smiley plush kitty, in my safe place, and took out the Bunny pillow I had gotten a year ago from Vinnieboyvintage on Etsy. Now, the chair looks festive for Easter!
 Then, I decided to start painting eyes on my vtg ceramic Adochan gals. Suggested by Blaire. I took the girls out and started with the darker gal. I began with touching up her lips with a lovely pale pink color. Next, I thought about what color would show better on her dark skin, for her eyelashes. White seemed the best idea. Last, I added a black satin ribbon. As I began working on my red Adochan, I worked on her lips as well. I ended up using the pale pink color on all of my girls. Those pouty lips look simply lovely with the pale pink color. Then, I decided on black paint for her eyelashes. Last, I just touched up her red skin a bit in some spots that needed it...


 I think adding the eyelashes to my dark and red Adochans made them look a lot more like my blonde and green haired gals. I will admit those lovelies, helped guide my painting the these two! Next, I looked around the room to decide what to work on next... By the afternoon, I decided to make the Swimmer blue plastic bear a hat to coverup the hole in his head! I needed cardboard, yellow felt, scissors, tacky glue, ribbon, and forget me not fabric flowers. I began with taking the plastic bowl that sits inside the bear's head to help me make the top of the hat, on the cardboard. I used the glass dome my cute Sachiyo bunny sits in, because it was the perfect size for the rim of the hat! Ha!
 After cutting the rim and top of the hat on the cardboard, I decided to take the cardboard scraps left, and cut about an 1 1/2 X 4 inches across band, and I needed two. This will make up the sides of the hat. After cutting all the pieces, I began to cut the yellow felt. The felt, would be glued onto the cardboard. It actually worked out well as far as the glue was concerned, and I had to take a lunch break to allow the parts to set. The last part, was adding the striped pink and white ribbon to the rim of the hat. I even made a bow, and added some millinery flowers, Forget Me Nots, and in blue. What do you think? Not fabulous, but still at least it makes the bear a bit more decent without looking like he is missing part of his head. Haha.
 I even tried those LED solar lights inside him to see what that might look like. Not too bad, if I want to have him as a night light. Finally, in the mail Friday, I had gotten this lovely Swimmer blingy Fawn bag or pouch plush. Just adorable, I'm so tempted to keep her. She reminds me a lot of Ayumi Uyama's retro fawns. I also found this lovely Swimmer clock with a bunny riding a pony. The clock works fine and just requires one "AA" battery. Even has a light to check time at night. I've already listed it in my shop.




 During my searches, I found a Lot of vases, made by Swimmer Japan too! I didn't know they sold vases. These pastel colored vases are just lovely too! All in different styles, and in different pastel colors of red, yellow, blue, and pink. My favorite is the pink one, because it reminds me of "I Dream of Jeannie" bottle! Right? These will be a part of my collection. Just lovely, but they are small. That's the only thing I would say, I wished they are a bit larger. Last, while searching for my charger for my retro radio, I found these two sweet bird shakers, and decided to let them go on IG. They sold super fast too! I was in shock. LOL
 Have a wonderful week everyone! Who knows what the future has in store!

Happy Kitsch Hunting! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment