Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Dickens Prints!!

I recently received a set of Dickens art prints from the UK. I actually have another set and didn't know who the artist was until now... My first set is here in this post. Signed by Dickens, this set features two girls, one brunette titled, "Lindy", and a blonde titled, "Louise". The previous owners even signed it 1964, from Christine to her grandmother. How sweet. Each of the girls are holding a cat, and the other a bear. I love their faces and their fashions as well. Reminding you of the 1960s fashions for children. They also remind me of Crissy or Barbie artwork on their booklets...

I looked up Dickens and found Archie Dickens, if you look him up, it says he was a greeting card artist and later a pin up artist. His works are popular mostly in Europe and I know I've seen a few here in the States too. I will keep this set and list my other set in my Etsy shop soon! Next, I found this lovely sheer baby doll dress for 15" to 17" size dolls. I was hoping to get it to fit on my Rushton Bunny, but sadly, the bunny couldn't fit it chest-wise. Ugh. I may try it on my Rushton Bear?! Haha! The vintage dolly dress has no tags, but I love the coloring and the sheer fabric. It comes with a slip dress and bloomers too.



 Last, I won this vtg Pose doll Snow baby via Yahoo Japan. She needed a lot of cleaning, but sadly because she is made of stocking fabric, I can't just put her in the washer. So I wiped her down thoroughly. I replaced her hanging rope with a blue striped version, and replaced her pompoms on her hands and feet with vintage pompoms I found via Etsy. I've already added her to my shop! She so adorable with her eyelashes!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment