Monday, June 3, 2019

Half Doll Completed, Perhaps...

I shared with you here, the Half Doll made in Japan, after looking at her closely. Then, here in this post, after making her into a pin cushion. Today, I had to do some errands uptown and decided to stop by Mark's Hardware. I needed to find some pompoms, ribbon and maybe some ruffles or lace. When we left, I had only found one item, the ruffles. I purchased 2 yards and brought it home. I had sewn the ruffles onto the pink satin cushion part of the half doll and now, she looks like she matches with the pin cushion better! Don't you think?

 I was able to sew on the ruffles without too much trouble. Now, she looks as if she was wearing a ball gown from the early 19th Century. I may add a necklace to her. She now sits atop my end table beside my bed to be admired. I may touch up her lips too...
 Now, if only I could bring myself to cleaning her top. It's just so delicate, I'm afraid, it may just disintegrate. Ugh!

Thank you for taking a peek! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment