Monday, July 1, 2019

Another Upcycled Sewing Basket!

I recently acquired another princess 1950s sewing basket, this time in Yellow. I wanted to keep the color for this one. But definitely needed to change out the decoupage design on the lid!
I won this vintage princess 1950s wicker sewing basket a month ago through Ebay. It took about a month to get to me. It is similar to the first one I found in this post here. Upon inspection of the basket, it was actually in really good condition with the exception of the design on the lid. The previous owner, decoupaged a newspaper clipping of animals surrounding a family of five. Then they traced it will a black crayon and signed it. The artwork kind of reminded me of Narnia for some reason... It had the year 1971. Well, I decided to try to remove the paper, at first using a flat screwdriver, but it would take way too long. Sam instructed me to use sandpaper in two different grits and that worked out a lot better. Underneath the decoupage, was the original sewing decal! Which I removed also. Afterwards, I wiped down the rest of the basket and began to paint the lid.

 This time, I waited two days before working on adding a new decal to it. Mostly, because I wasn't in the mood to continue, and also because it was raining on and off. Not good when spray painting outside. On the third day, I started to work on it again. The lid was ready for its decal. I looked at what decals I had from the same sheet I used last time and chose, a blue fawn. One of my favorites too! He will be lovely against the yellow background. In the end, the basket turned out so cute! I will put one of them in my shop soon! So, be on the look out!

 Next, I received from Japan this mini Echika chan mascot key chain. This time it is nice and plush, unlike my first one which is just a cell strap, and Echika is plastic and about 1/12 in scale. This Echika chan is mini and plush. He'll be cute with my other mini plushies!! His arms, head, and legs can move. I removed his bag, because it made it hard for me to allow him to sit properly. Echika Chan is a mascot for a shopping mall in Tokyo Japan.


 Last, this beauty! A vintage ceramic Japan bunny lady in blue with felt ears. I won her and she took quite some time to arrive. She is one of three bunny ladies. Very much desired by other collectors too. So, it will be awhile before I can locate the other two to add to my collection. But she is just adorable and I love her kitschy cuteness!!

I hope you all have a great week!

Thank you for stopping by! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment