Saturday, January 4, 2020

New to Me Rushton Bear!

I recently used Buy it Now via Ebay to get this new to me Rushton Plush. Of course at first, I wasn't sure it was a Rushton, just hoping it was. The very same yawning face bear like my other one here, but with a totally different pajama print, and not shown on the catalog advertisement I've seen before. So, of course I had to wait for his arrival. Because the seller would not ship to Guam. I had to send him to my sister's place. She mailed him out and he arrived to me earlier this week.

When I opened the box, he was loosely placed inside with some newspaper by the seller. Which sadly rubbed all over his face and made a lot of dark spots. Ugh. He didn't smell, but he was definitely dingy, and flat. No tag, but just a sliver of what was left. Which looks like it was cut off and not worn off. He has the same rubber paws like a Chubby Tubby, and his pajama print are also on his inner ears. Three pj buttons present, and a blue spot marking on his left paw, top side, not shown.
His before pic above... Now to work my magic! I placed him in the wash, and when he came out of course the pajama had holes in areas and lost a button, along with stuffing coming out of it. No surprise to me. I immediately laid him out to dry. At least his fur and face was clean again with no major markings. Whew. I looked him over carefully to assess what I needed to do to put him back together. Then, I checked his chin and took a closeup of it. Sure enough you can see the Rushton Co. Logo. He is definitely a Rushton. Yippee!! If you are not sure your plush is a Rushton, just look under the chin of your plush to verify and find the markings, "The Rushton Co." logo should be imprinted on it rubber face plushies. I worked on him for two days and just needed to sew and repair rips from the wash, because his pjs are very delicate, just like the other pajama plushies I've found. Resewn the buttons, and found the missing one in the wash. Then, restuffed him with both synthetic and his original cotton stuffing.
 He is not as chubby as he should be, but he still has weight and looks nice and clean again! While taking out the stuffing I found his squeak box, still in tact. I just placed it back inside his tummy area and he squeaks fine again. Yay! Here are some before and after photos of him. I love his blonde fur, very fluffy and bright too! It will be hard for me to let him go... Haha!




 I need to get some dark blue colored ribbon for him and take a few more pics. Another restoration complete and a labor of love, to see this well loved bear come back to life!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment