Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Mary Vasquez Doll!!

If you recall, I shared with you, about a felt doll made by artist Mary Vasquez, here in this post. I waited a month for this lot of dollies from Ebay... They finally arrived and here is what I got! I received a lot of 4 dolls, listed as LARS or Lenci type dolls mad in Italy. They were shipped parcel post, which means I wouldn't get them for a month. Ugh. But they finally arrived in the mail and because the box was large, my friendly postal person, actually texted me, that she had it and all I had to do was meet her at our mail box and pick it up from her. That was truly too sweet of her. So, I did. The box sure couldn't fit inside the HC's. So, when I got home I took them out and began looking them over.
Inside, was this lovely white and blue felt Lars baby with white hair. She had some moth holes, but still lovely. She just needed some cleaning up and still has her original LARS tag on her. In fact, most of the dolls in the lot did. Second, was a red head toddler girl doll kneeling and in prayer. She was adorable with her pajamas, and she too had her original sticker and tag.

Third, was this quirky blond girl doll with plastic eyes also in felt. She has yellow mohair, wearing a floral dress with apron and shoes. She has purple ribbons on the sides of her hair. She too had her original LARS tag. The fourth doll, was not made by LARS but, Mary Vasquez. She has blue mohair and a bag type body in plaid cloth, with a zipper at the end. So, you can place your pajamas inside it? I guess. She has arms and feet, both of felt. I most especially love her eyes, because they are sewn in beads, as you can see in the last photo of her. I will keep this gal and the others will be available in my shop later this week.




Then, I also found some Canada Decals, which are similar to Meyercord decals of baby bears. I love the look of the decal and the quality too. They are unopened and in lovely condition! Keepers for sure! I finally took Lilith and had her try out the Momoko Jacket I got last week. She looks so cute in it too. Reminds me of the gals from, "The Pink Ladies" in the movie, "Grease". I love this jacket!!
Next, I found these kitschy cute dolly tissue box covers by "kutiepiekitsch" on Etsy by Lori!! I have always wanted the vintage versions of these tissue box covers and quite often they can be expensive or just plain hard to find, because they sell out fast. Lori makes them using vintage doll craft heads and other vintage finds. She can also customize them for you, if you message her.  They are just like the vintage versions, but new!! I am so tempted to buy more from her!! Haha, If you like dolly tissue box covers, check her shop out! She also has pillows and other kitsch items!



I also waited for this cutie above for over a month. Purchased back in late May from Folkokliko. He arrived from France, by way of Australia, Hawaii, then Guam! Oh my, already a world traveler! Laure owner of the shop, was so sweet and kept in constant contact with me, until she knew he was close.  I love his little tuft of rabbit fur on the top of his head and tassel collar. He has similar eyes to the Lapin Bunny string holder. But is an awkward Bear coin bank with flowers. I may decide to add fur to him or just the top of his head? Not sure yet. Just love him to bits! Definitely a unique cutie for sure... Thank you Laure!!


I decided to add, some more cute Afrocat sticker decals to the wood stroller above and to this lovely vintage pink Kiddie Coach below... I love the graphics on the box and just couldn't resist buying this. I knew that I would want to add some of the animal decals to this pram too. What do you think?



Love this pram and my little Bunka doll can fit inside it too! It has been a great week, and school will be starting up soon. I hope you all are staying safe and well.

Thank you for stopping by! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment