Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fixing up the Vero...

I decided, the first thing I wanted to do was make curtains or buy some...while searching online late Yesterday, So, instead the Vero had no furniture placed inside and it actually sat empty last nite! But just before going to bed I found a few sites that show how to do this just using paper, teriyaki sticks, and beads! Here and Here were my examples to use. Empty Vero above, just admiring the clean newness of it all!

Back to the drapes: T&J's site gave me the idea for using the beads and the teriyaki sticks, and the other gave me the idea to print out and fold the paper into curtains! Using both I was able to come up with these two styles below!

While I was waiting for the beads to dry, I printed out two styles and was deciding on which one I wanted to use... I decided on this one below, and the nice thing about it is that I am able to pull out and put back in the teriyaki stick and change out the print when I want!

Then, I also received my patio chairs and started dressing up the backyard a bit! The table is by Lundby and the chairs, I am assuming are made in Germany? I've always wanted a relaxing yard like this! The spiral trees I bought from Mary's Miniatures. I've always wanted to find these style of trees or topiary one's. They just go beautifully with the backyard here!

The rocks are actually glued on styrofoam, too wild! The potted tree was original to the house.
I am just loving this house more and more...

I have a few more garden treatments I am waiting for, so this yard will look different again later... - ggsdolls

2 comments:

  1. GREAT idea about the curtains, Gigi!! I am going to try this, since using fabric always seemed to intimidate me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it. It was super easy to do and anything without having to sew is good for me too!

    ReplyDelete