Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Lotte Pretty Lady Big Bubble Gum News!!!

 

@ggsdolls_vtg Lotte Pretty Girl Big Bubble gum packs!! Mint and available in my shop soon!! 🛍️🎀💗 #ggsdolls_vtg #ggsdolls #ggsdollsshop #vintagekorea #vintagelottegum #prettyladygum #childhood #memories #gumpacks #paperdoll #fashions ♬ Kanon music box - kachiwo

 

 I was recently contacted via my ggsdolls website page from a seller who came into possession of a partially full box of Lotte bubble gum unopened packages!! Of course I was super stoked by even being contacted. Thanks to Jeremy of DigitAllVintage Canada on Etsy!! He found me via searching up Lotte bubble gum and saw my blog post on them here. He asked me for further information on them and if I was interested in buying the box?! Of course I was very interested and in the end we came to a decent price. The box arrived to me safely the other day and I just had to share these amazing pieces!!

On the front as shown above, "Lotte Pretty Lady Big Bubble Gum, transfer film with a card." Inside the box is supposed to hold 60packs. But, there are only 44 packs inside, still that is pretty awesome! There are three styles of the packs that I could see, a girl on the phone, a girl holding a teddy bear, and a girl holding a bag of bread or groceries. In each pack should be a paper doll card, transfer film with doll fashion on it and a sealed rectangle piece of Lotte bubble gum. This box was made back in October of 1994 and says that the gum expired on October 1996. So that tells me that Lotte Pretty Lady gum was still being made and sold around the early 90s. Wow, how cool is that?! You see I bought them with my sister in the late 70s early 80s if I recall right. But to know that they were still in production around the time my son was 3 years of age. Whoa!!

I don't recall them being in our local Mom and Pop stores after the late 80s, but I could be wrong. It may have been our distributor for Guam. Gosh, to think it may have been sold still around the 90s. Darn. Oh well. I opened one pack for myself to see what paper doll I got and her fashion?!

Inside, I got the short bob hair anime girl and her lovely 70s long floral skirt with adorable lime green top. Now, to remember how to put her fashion on her...

 
 Okay, to transfer the fashion onto the doll...
1. You will use your nail or a coin to scratch the transfer onto the paper doll.
2. Remove the wax paper backing to the transfer film. You will be able to match
the paper doll up with the item you will transfer. Let's start with a shoe.
3. Once you have the shoe positioned properly onto the doll's card and her foot. Begin
to rub gently with your nail or the coin over the film and only on the spot with the one shoe. *Be careful
because if you rub on any other parts of the fashion it can and does easily transfer to the doll and you
can and will tear the outfit. 
4. When you feel fully confident that the entire shoe is rubbed off the transfer film, very carefully
and gently remove the film off the card. The reason I say carefully is because you want to make
sure the entire part of the shoe you are doing is completely done. Sometimes you may miss a spot
or two. Darn. If this happens, just try to put the film exactly where you had it and rub again.
5. You will do this with all parts of her fashion and TADA! She is dressed and ready to be showcased
or added to your fave scrapbook or framed!

Ahhh, the memories. Trust me I always had a hard time doing the transfer as a kid, but I was lucky because my sister would always help me if I messed up. Haha!

I have several of the unopened packs available in my Etsy shop! You're welcome! Updated: These are now SOLD OUT.

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls
 

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the mention! I'm happy to hear they reached you so fast and in good shape! Glad you're enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome dear and thank you again! Hugs, Gigi

      Delete
  2. I wana buy it from where can i buy it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear A, sorry they are sold out! Thank you, Gigi

      Delete
  3. This is a fortunate moment everyone dreams of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello A, So true dear friend! Hugs, Gigi

    ReplyDelete