Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Vintage Caco DollHouse Miniature Dolls, and Lamps!

I have been wanting to find a vintage Caco miniature dollhouse girl doll for some time now, especially since seeing this cute gal on a friend's blog here, It's on her banner photo! I knew a little about the vintage Caco dolls made in Germany for the 1:12 scale and smaller scale dollhouses. I even bought a set of family Caco dolls sometime back. See below.
 But I didn't know that there were girl dolls with hair! I've seen the later issues of 70's Moms with hair, but the children with hair! I think they are much cuter than the one's with molded on hair. Though I still like molded on hair as well, but to own one of the girls with hair, would be a joy...

Finally, while doing my usual searches via ebay, I found this little girl with a buy it now, and she was just in the states! I love her dress and she has lovely brown braided hair! What I didn't realize is how small she is! She's much smaller than my first Caco girl doll! So, she might have been made for the 1:18 scale dollhouses?
Still she is a great addition to my dollhouse dolls collection, and a wee visitor to her cousin Sandy!
Then, I also wanted to update  and take pics of the vintage dollhouse lamps I have so far. The last two on the right are made in the USA and the others are made in Germany. A girl can't have too many lamps to decorate her house...LOL!- ggsdolls

4 comments:

  1. I´m happy to see,
    that you found your girl!
    I love the Caco Dolls
    and there are so many different...
    And yes, there are also small ones
    for 1:18 scale -
    I´m actually looking for these children
    for several months...

    Irmchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irmchen, Thanks dear friend! I love your girl. She is so unique and special. I truly agree with you, that they are all unique and each have a style of their own! Many hugs for your lovely thoughts, gg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 1/12th doll family in your first picture were made in both Hong Kong and Taiwan. They were sold as 'Doll House Family Set' or 'Modern Family' dolls mostly for the US market. They arent Caco dolls or German. I have some and like them very much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zozu, thanks for your info. I bought them through ebay Germany. I haven't collected these dolls for some time now. So, thank you again so much for the new info. Many hugs, Gigi

      Delete