Friday, April 29, 2011

Family Emergency, Leaving Stateside!

Things have been kinda hard lately...My mother was admitted to the ICU early Easter Sunday, she died in the ambulance ride up to the hospital. She was revived and was placed on a ventilator. By Tuesday, she was taken off the ventilator and is in stable condition, but still at the ICU. She's responsive and doing as well as can be expected, but I fear she is just waiting for the rest of my Sibs and myself to get to her. I will be leaving on Monday(Guam time) and arrive there on Monday(WA time).

We hope to do what we can to keep her as comfortable as we can. She has gone thru so much since my last visit with her in Oct. last year. Back then, she wasn't eating well, and in Dec. she injured her foot and by March had to get a toe amputated, then in early April more toes had to be removed. When my sister moved out there, she told me that Mom got worse and wasn't eating much at all, and because of this her foot was not healing. She became weak and that's what ended up causing her to have the massive heart attack on Sunday. I know my mother, and for now she wants us all to be there with her...

A few days prior to her heart attack, my youngest daughter couldn't sleep well for 2 nights, during the time I saw shadows by my bedside and around her. I know it is my mother's spirit visiting her. I am trying to stay strong, and she is still with us, but I can't help that it is her way of saying 'good bye' to the grandchildren. When I spoke with my sister on the phone, she said my mother keeps asking for the grandchildren...

- shops will be closed for now, but I will still answer convo's or messages!
- last post for now... - ggsdolls

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your troubles. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh Cynthia i am just reading this as i went to check on you and your updates it breaks my heart to read all this is happening, i wish there was something i could do...
    be strong and remember that you and your mom are in in my prayers, i hope whatever happens is for the best, and that both you and your family find some rest and clarity at the end, sometimes lifes takes directions we don't expect, but know my thoughts and love are with you and your family in these hard momments...
    Pookie (Gabe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you guys and thank you for your loving thoughts too!

    ReplyDelete