Sunday, August 20, 2017

Vintage Pin Cushion Find!

I couldn't wait, I had to share with you this amazing vintage pin cushion head, that I found on ebay!

 I have seen this vintage pin cushion before, but generally, she is sold quickly and I'm not surprised. I believe she may be made in Japan, probably 1960s. Made of ceramic or pottery. She may be earlier 1950s? I love her eyes and slender face. Though the big brown pin cushion atop her head, makes me want to barf... She arrived with a lot of pins still stuck into the pin cushion, and even earrings?! WTH. Yup. So, I removed all of it and threw all of them away, because they were all rusted too. The cushion was faded and just not to my liking.
 She is quite large too at 8 inches tall for a pin cushion. I was expecting her to be smaller, and she looks more like a hat stand then, a pin cushion. So, after a lot of thought, I tried to figure out what I could do with her. I definitely want her on my dresser for display, but, not as a pin cushion. Last night before bed, I basically, ripped out the ugly brown pin cushion. It wasn't too hard to do and the inside, was nice and clean, unlike most planters I've seen. I was trying to decide if I wanted to keep her as a planter? Hm...
 But, by this morning, that was not what I decided on. So, instead, I took some of the mohair I had in brown, stuffed the inside of the head with tissue paper and placed, the ball of mohair at the top of her head. It is not glued in or set. But, it looked a lot better than the faded brown cushion! I added a blue bow and here she is below...
 Much better. She will sit on my dresser, to admire and inspire me.

 I also received this lovely vintage art print, that is signed, "Reni" from an IG seller in UK. A girl and her dog, the back says, "Bouquet For You." Love her pouty face too! She will be displayed on my wall, as soon as I can get a mount up. Ha.

Also, a new dress for Gigi. She even fits the red shoes that came with the dress... Very stylishly mod.
Thanks for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment