Monday, July 30, 2018

Busy Creating Cuties...

I've listed a few new items in my Etsy shop, and now, have been busy playing around and creating other cute things...

I started on a new FuzBear Panda, like my first bear here! I had the fur before I left for our vacation, but sadly, I didn't have enough of the fur. So, I will just share the start of it, but the end product will have to wait until I get the fur in later this week, hopefully?! LOL
I took out the pattern and started working on him. Slowly but surely, he was all coming together and just a bit of playing around with the pattern to tweak it to fit the panda rubber face. Now, I know what to do this time around, and it works much better then the first one I made.
 Once I got to the legs and body done, that was when I realized I didn't have enough fur. Ugh. But, luckily, I was able to get more. More on this cutie soon! I may have to create pandas in other colors, sadly, white fur is scarce! What?! Yup!
 I can't wait to share how he looks... So, in the mean time, I took my pink FuzBear out into the yard for a photo shoot!



 Then, I found a project, that had been sitting for a few years, in my creations drawer, and I took him out to work on him while waiting to finish the panda...
 Back in 2016, I had gotten a few of these vintage mini rubber faces, I started working on the duck using felting mohair, but I didn't like the end result. So, I shelved the project... Fast forward to 2018, I decided to print the pattern for the Joyful Bear in a smaller scale, about 25% and I was able to create a better body for my cute little ducky!! I used felt instead of the fur. I had several colors on hand, and just didn't add ears, and used two colors on her. I made her tail, but it was too thick, so instead I just cut one pattern out and made it simple. I finished her within a day!
 How adorable is she?!! I added a bow, and cute fabric sticker of a bird from KawaiiandKawaii.

 Then, I put a floral fabric scarf hat on her. Just love her to bits. Now, to find the other heads I got...


Here she is with the tiny felt bear I got from etsy. She is about 5 inches tall. Not, a 1/12 scale miniature. but a nice size to carry with you in your purse! A lovely cutie if you have absolutely no space for large plushies!!

I hope to make more!

Thanks for visiting! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment