Wednesday, June 27, 2018

My Handmade FuzBear!!

I have been working on finding a pattern that I could use to finally make the Rushton type bear since finding that vintage rubber face on etsy... I went back to that same shop and bought out her panda faces. Sadly, she had no more of the bear faces, darn.

So, I even did a poll on IG asking friends, what color to make him into, remember? The vote was for yellow. But, I must admit, I love both yellow and pink. So, I decided to make him mostly pink with yellow! Tee hee! I bought some 3 inch pile Mongolian faux fur in baby pink, and yellow, from etsy.

The pattern I used is from this page, "How Joyful" pattern "How Joyful Bear". "Not for beginners", it says, but it was the best or at least the most similar to what I wanted the bear to look like.

 I printed out the patterns given, you can scale them down if you want the bear a smaller size. I printed it at the size given, this is to create a 12 inch size bear. I started off with the head, and ears first.
 When, the instructions called for a nose to be made, I just didn't use the pattern and instead, I had sewn on the rubber face. So, there was a bit of tweaking the pattern, here and there.
 I did use a large needle to sew the rubber face onto the fabric fur.
 After, turning it outside in, not bad, I thought. A bit large, but that is okay. I did end up taking the back side of the head in a bit. I need to remember that when I make others.
 I added stuffing, from an old pillow... I found that if the stuffing from an old pillow is flat, you just take the stuffing and pull them apart, like your shredding it, and it often fluffs up the stuffing again.
 I started to cut out more of the patterns, for the body, legs, and feet.
 I even ordered these printed labels from Wunderlabel.com. I love the end result. I wanted to make sure that my FuzBear shows off who made him! Ha!
 In Japanese characters, it says, "Jiji dolls" since there is no letter, "G" in Hiragana. "ggsdolls Creations by Cynthia Flores". After I received them, and added them to my FuzBear, now, I feel so proud, that I created him! I added an upcycled purple sheer ribbon to him as well.
 It was fun to watch him come together. I would say, it took me about 3 days to complete. Because he was hand sewn. I'm not comfortable using a sewing machine. Just a personal preference.
 Front view...
 Side view...
 I added my label on his left thigh...
 He turned out adorable and I'm very pleased with him! What do you guys think of him? Love to hear your thoughts!
I plan on making the panda FuzBears next!!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait for him to come homeπŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear Paula, Yay! I'm so glad you will love him! He is very special to me!! Much love dear, Gigi

      Delete