Friday, August 2, 2019

Restored N Upcycled Fun!

I received in the mail a few items, I worked on the past day or two restoring and upcycling. Here's what they are...
While doing my usual searches via Ebay, I came across, these flocked vintage angels. I fell in love with for their plastic faces. There were two listings for a set of two. I got this set, because they weren't as damaged as the other set. When They arrived, they needed a wipe down, the glue on their heads were browning and basically, I figured I could just redo their look. I had some synthetic fur for their hair and figured I'd do a blue and pink. I wanted to make them look mod, but didn't have mod fabric, that I could use to redress them in. So, I instead I took out the Daiso pompom rik rak and ruffles I had in my stash. I gave the yellow dressed angel light pink mohair in ponytails with a bow, and pink and mint pompoms on her dress. The white angel, I added the pink and white dotted ruffles, with a gold neck trim and pink bow, and her hair was in turquoise.


 I may add lips to the one missing hers. But, I think they look adorable and I still have their wings too! I may repaint them or something and when I want to dress them up for Christmas I add the wings. The nice thing is that I can have them displayed all year round! Yippee! Next, I won these vintage tin Japan stoves still mint on their packages!! When the Lot arrived to me, I wiped down each and changed out their plastic bags, since they were so dingy and dark with dust. There were four in this lot, so I will keep two and sell two. They are just the cutest things and great for Liddle Kiddles or similar small sized dolls! Each stove comes with a bottle, a spatula, a red cup, tin frying pan with fish imprint, and a tiny tin plate with cute doggies on them!! Just too adorable! There are two styles on the stoves as well, one with tulips, and one with daisies.




 The card background gives you a kitchen cabinet and window. Above, Twinkle doll similar to Liddle Kiddles beside the stove for scale. The window can be punched out to replace with another background outdoor scene. Sweet! I love the tin plates so cute and tiny! There was only one blue plate in the set, all the others were red. I hope to add the other two sets soon in my Etsy shop!

 I have one more project I am still working on that I was hoping to add to this post, but because its been raining the past few days, I was unable to complete it. I will have to share it next time.

Thank you for stopping by! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment