Tuesday, August 13, 2019

VTG Nova Gama Mannequin Doll Laura!

I recently, fell in love with a doll I saw from another collector via IG. For a few days, I could not figure out what her name was. But, then I asked a close friend collector Leonore, and she found her just within an hour!! Her name is Laura, she was released back in 1967, and sold as a sewing mannequin doll, by the company Nova-Gama. Her full name, Laura muneca maniqui de Nova Gama. She came wearing a plaid dress with hat. She is jointed on her elbows and arms, along with her head, and legs at the hips. Her knees don't bend. She stands about 12 inches tall, and she has molded on brown sandals. She came with a sewing kit, fabric, patterns and booklet. An original box set can be seen in this blog post here, by Caja de Kekas.
 I was able to find myself a loose Laura from a website in Spain. A bit pricey, I was able to get her. She arrived safely, and upon inspection, she was in good order. Her hair is parted at the side, I made sure to wash and style her hair. She seems to be ball-jointed in some areas, I can see elastic on her waist too. Then, had to wait a week to find her something to wear. I found her this flower power dress via Etsy. It took some work to get it on, but I think looks lovely on her. The dress may not be the style her make year calls for, but her hair says mod 70s to me! One of the reasons I fell in love with her from a collectors find! I will add that photo at the bottom so you can see why! LOL

 I haven't collected to many dolls as of late, so it's nice to fall in love with something new to me! The photo below by peekablue on IG. Her Laura is a cutie too. Wish I could find that dress as well!!
 Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment