Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Amazing Tadie-Like Doll from Germany!

I've always loved quirky dolls, but this new discovery has made me a bit obsessed to find out more about this doll!! Earlier in October while doing my usual searches via ebay, I came across a doll that was listed as 'Quirky with long neck made in West Germany doll'. I decided to try for her, and to my surprise, was the only bidder and won her! I have been anticipating her arrival the passed few days since seeing that the seller had posted her mid last week!

Finally after Monday being a holiday, and the post being closed, then, Yesterday seeing nothing come in-_-; My anticipation just about exploded, when I got notice of 2 boxes in the mail!! Yippee, Yes she's finally here!
 I opened her quickly and took a peek!
 Sadly, she felt a bit sticky and dirty. Her clothing not so much, but her body and face-_-;

 A shot of her backside. The pokadot shawl was glued to her hair. Which was mohair and in braids.

 I carefully took off the shawl. You can see her body is quite awkward. Super long neck and only twists at the base of the neck. The arms are a bit muscular for my taste, and the body short and without any bending action. Her shoes are painted on.

 Above you can see the marking for 'made in Western Germany' underneath one shoe. I washed her up and cleaned as best I could. Sadly, the areas on her face that had dirt marks did not remove easily. Her freckles were fine, I had to repaint one eyebrow, her pupils white and part of her right eye. Her rosy cheeks and lips need redoing too, but I didn't want to mess up so I just left it as is...


 I ended up removing the mohair wig which was glued onto her head. I was lucky that I remembered I had this short flip wig from a once owned Unoa 2.0. The wig fit her perfectly, and the right style for her too! I also changed her arms out. I did not like the muscular short baby arms. So for now they are a bit long, but it works well with her long neck! I may end up trying to switch her body out all together?? not sure...

 Another shot of her. I must say she does look a lot like Tadie Muz from France with this wig on her. But she is not. I only know that she was advertised in a German toy catalog that I've seen on a friend's flickrstream. I do enjoy a good dolly mystery? So perhaps one day, I will find out more!

Thanks for reading! - ggsdolls

7 comments:

  1. Such a great find and she looks so much better in the new wig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, thanks dear! I totally agree w you! Hugs, gg

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, I didn't know you changed her wig and arms...! They totally fit her btw, she looks as if that was her original look. :-O I love the "making-of" pis of her "renovation" and I totally regret not keeping a photo record of my own Simona Furga's rebirth like you did, so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you dear! I enjoy seeing before/after pics too! I must admit, I think the wig suits her better than the mohair in braids!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow,,, how awesome a transformation. I suppose your latest clone has similar body. ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Dear King,

      Yes, she has transformed amazingly. Sadly, the clone's body is completely different-_-; hugs, gg

      Delete