Saturday, December 29, 2012

Another Herman Pecker dolly Arrives...

I just couldn't help it, while doing my usual searches, I found this lovely Herman Pecker doll still in her original packaging thru ebay...

 Her name is "Boots" as it says on the tag she still has. She is nice and minty. She wears a lovely blue baret held on with pins, a red coat with blue ponchos, and red boots. Looking at her, I thought she was a small doll but she is quite tall. About 11 inches tall!

 Her eyes look a lot like Chiko-chan from Japan and sure enough as you can see in the photo below. The backside of the tag says, made in Japan, for Herman Pecker & Co. Inc.

Chiko-chan and Boots side by side. They have the same face-painted eyes, nose, and lips. Just that Boots is larger than Chiko-chan! I love Boots' red hair too! A nice addition to my unique/cheap doll collection!

Thanks for reading! - ggsdolls

6 comments:

  1. Trying to see what year my doll was made. and her worth.
    her tag says : made exclusively for Herman pecker & Co. inc. - New York 10018 n.y. - all new materials - Hong Kong # 374... please email me debraldraper@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sure. I will email you. thanks for contacting me. Hugs, Gigi

      Delete
  2. In need of help ive looked everywere and cant find any like mine if ur available my email is introvetedrock@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Derrick,

      I will contact you in just a bit. Sorry I was traveling. many hugs, Gigi

      Delete
  3. Your BOOTS dolly is adorable!
    I don't know if you'll get this message? But I was looking for a9 inch doll that had brown hair, 2 ponytails, blue eyes, dark blue eyeshadow, and wore a tangerine orange dress with white polka dots. She was a charity doll that my cousin had when we were little. I thought she was so cute for a cheapy doll. I thought she was a PLAYMATE doll but I've seen a couple different colored haired & dressed dolls listed on Ebay as HERMAN PECKER dolls. Does the doll I described sound familiar to you?
    You can contact me at:
    Hippiedoll72@yahoo.com
    Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Dolly-hugs,
    Christina :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear Christina, sorry for the delay I was on vacation. She sounds familiar. If she is a Herman Pecker doll, she is rare. Many of the cute one's by this company are sought after. Email me at ggsdolls@gmail.com if you have a photo? Many dolly hugs too dear, Gigi

      Delete