Monday, February 5, 2018

In Search Of...

It's been another busy week. Working on taxes. Never fun. Haha. So, last month, I was able to snag a few goodies via online and one is from a fellow collector and friend, Christine of kitschandkawaii shop on etsy.

She was doing a fundraiser via her sales on etsy. I saw her goods that she announced would be listed and amongst all of her dreamy vintage goodies, was a set I had been after for years. I actually first saw the set, I thought from Gretchen of Shop 66. But, it wasn't from her. It was another fellow collector on flickr Grenadine Supreme. She had a few of the cuties, along with some bug cuties, this was about August, 2008. Fast forward to June, 2013, Christine's collection of the same cuties shown on her work desk via flickr photo. Now, 2018, I finally have her set in my possession... Thanks Christine for the gift too dear!!
 Upon inspection, they are all missing their wings except for one, and their instruments. You see, these nude cuties are actually from a set. I will detail further below...
 Made in "Hong Kong" written on wings. There are a total of five nude cuties in my purchased set. One is missing. Three are in the same pose, and two in an other. They each have a little ring at the top of their heads to hang them from, sorta like ornaments. But they really aren't.
 I love their eyes most, very unique in style and paint. Definitely remind me of the mid to late 60s. Or even from a book I had as a child about "Adam & Eve", drawn in cartoon. I still would like to find that book again someday... LOL
 When the wings are removed, this is what it looks like at the backside. There's a blonde, an auburn hair, brown hair, black hair, red head, and missing a dark red head angel.

This is what the complete set below looks like mint in box. Photo reference courtesy of Olga on flickr. She shared them to Grenadine, and mentioned they were from ebay. I'm in search of the complete set mint or complete in box or without. So, if anyone has one or knows someone that does. Please email me!! For now, I will try my best to find replacements for these cuties....
Called, "Angels Hang Arounds", they are a decorative room mobile. It says you get "6 soft molded angels dolls, dolls are removable for added play. Have fun with easy assembly." Each of the dolls have a plastic instrument, a harp, or a recorder or flute perhaps. Probably in different colors as seen on the illustrations on the box. I believe their wings are different colors too? Maybe, even missing their halos? The mobile itself has a lovely music note design, and a large treble cleft at the center.

It would be sweet to the own the complete set. I honestly, have not seen any others since -_-; Any info. would be greatly appreciated. There is also a Bee set! But, I only want the Angels. Also, if anyone can read the company name top right? Its too pixelated as I try to enlarge, and can't tell. This info. too will be greatly appreciated.
Redressing Cherry chan...
 Azone school girl style fashion, stockings and shoes.
 I also got this lovely red tulle ballet skirt for her. I will show off later on... Purchased via etsy here.
 Wiesje Wollepop came in too and so cute next to its name sake, Wiesje!


 I picked up these vintage Japan animal puzzles to be added to my shop later, so cute!
 This puzzle I will keep, it has my Oike baby doll in it! Also made in Japan.

 Different dress, but still the same face, hands. Shoes are different too.
What do you think?
Have a great week and thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment