Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Vtg Bell Telephone Princess Mini Phones!!

 A vintage ad from the 1960s, Bell Telephone System's advertisement of the Princess phone in mini. Today I received a salesman's sample of three telephones. These phones were the rage back then. Easy, convenient to place, and they lit up!! What's not to like about it, except in today's society, you have your cell phone. These were great examples of the early days and the colors they had, white, beige, blue and pink!
I first became curious about them when a fellow collector showed her pen holding mini Princess Phone in blue. I was like, whaaat?! They had em' that small. I scoured the internet for one, and found it, even hit the 'Buy' button. But, a few days later, the seller, couldn't find it. According to her she looked high and low. No luck. Ugh, so I had to keep the search going... a month later, I found three! The seller sold it in a lot, and I convinced myself to keep one and sell the other two... But, now that I have them in my possession, it's gotten harder to decide! Haha!
"The Princess phone... Its Little, Its Lovely, It Lights." is what is engraved on the underside of each of the phones. The salesman's samples don't light up, sadly, and they don't come with cords to hold the headset. But, they are still very good examples of the phones. This lot did not come with a pink phone, so perhaps it was before they offered them in pink. Each phone has the Princess logo on the dial, sadly the dial doesn't turn. Each measures about 4 inches. They will be great as props in my photos that's for sure!! My favorite is the blue. If I had pink, I'd have two faves! Ha!









 Do you recall owning a Princess phone?

 Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment