Monday, May 16, 2022

Blessings In Disquise!

 So many good things and some maybe not so good. But, I try to believe in hope when it comes to many things that can devastate a person's life. I pray for peace in a world that has war... I pray for comfort for those who do not see the light when there is darkness... I pray for kindness when all we might see is hate...

There is always a reason for what life gives us. Sometimes it may not be exactly what we want, but it may be what is needed. Even when we may not see it, until much later. But always have hope, no matter what. Because it is in hope that we find the light we need to make it through life.

Kindness is what I try to express, because I believe that it is something that will be reflected. I recently, received the most kindest gesture from a collector and dear friend, who is young and wise beyond her years. She was having a few bad days the past year or so and as a friend, I offered a shoulder, kind words, and advice, that I would bestow upon my own children if need be. This friend did something so touching I was honestly, beside myself, when she offered it. I knew of only 3 collectors who owned one of my ISOs. She was one of them. She one day simply said, I would like for you to have this plush. Of course, I was speechless. But, I refused because it was a plush I knew she loved so much. In the end, I said, I would buy it or I could trade. This was truly the kindest act I have ever experience in my entire life thus far!! But, I didn't feel right in accepting it. So, I offered an equal value in trade and she agreed.

I have been searching for this cutie for over 5 years, and I had almost given up hope of ever locating one. Until now. I traded a rare plush for this cutie and I am still pinching myself, that perhaps I may wake up and it is all just some kind of dream... Thank you my dear sweet friend for an amazing trade! I will cherish her and bless you for your kind gesture. T_T

The rare Rushton Co. Sleeping Kitty, this version from the 1950s, as it has the orange sponge stuffing inside her. She has slight plastic degradation on one side of her face an eyelids. She is truly precious no matter what. I will take my time and restore her. I am still in disbelief that I have her!!


I will share more of the kitty after I restore her. Found these two Tsukuda Yes No Minny Rummy Dolls. Both have been listed in my shop and the brunette already sold. In lovely condition too! I was commissioned to restore this lovely Granny plush also by Rushton. She just needed a good wash, some touch up to her face paint and a few embellishments on her hat and purse. I also restored her pink felt shoes! Now, she is ready to go back to her Mom!




I also bought more fake cakes by AuntBecky'sshop on Etsy! I needed to have these two Victorian style 2 tiered cakes in blue and green. They are just adorable and perfect for props with dolls and plushies!! Can't wait to do them and hopefully soon!

Some rare ceramics found too! This lovely coin bank that is a Frankenstein Cat in blue! LOL He's already listed in my Etsy shop. Also this adorable bunny in a boot. Also a coin bank, she has been adopted already!

This adorable clown toy rattle, I added to my Etsy shop and it sold in minutes! Love its style too! Always nice to find new old rattles. Below, this lovely Glico anime girl badge. It has a graduated type acrylic window, so that the artwork behind it looks almost 3D. You can remove the card and put something else in its place.

 Last, I restored this adorable Stinky skunk also by Rushton Toy Co. Poor baby had plastic degradation on his face. His white fur was dark from years of dirt and missing fur in a lot of areas. I was commissioned to replace the fur and repaint the face. He turned out lovely and is already on his way home to his Mom. 

I hope that you all find the light, when you feel there is only darkness. It is there, but we just need to look harder.

Thank you for listening ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment