Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Thrift Finds...

 We've been home since late July. Just trying to get back into the swing of things here. So let's take a closer look at the things I brought back from my trip and what was waiting for me when I got home!

The first antique mall we went to in Florida, if you recall I found this lovely baby rattle still mint in its original packaging. How adorable is he!! He's already listing in my shop. He is a Richard Krueger Baby rattle. Lovely original hand painted face too. Below, from the last antique shop we went to with three aisles of vintage fun! This adorable pink and blue plastic rattle with Bambi on it. This one I will keep for now. I simply love the colors and sweet chime toy sounds it plays when played with.

Before I left for the trip I got this adorable vintage Birthday party cut-out book. 1940s I believe, still in tact and in beautiful condition for its age. I could not resist the graphics on it and just had to buy it. Simply lovely and I can imagine Mother's preparing for a birthday party and using the cards and envelopes it came with!! Below, a lovely mint in box Marianne doll. She is a US version release of Chico Chan. Just love her eyes. She was already adopted and fast I might add!!

Finds waiting for me when I got back...  This lovely plush Easter duck above I adopted to resell from a fellow shop owner and friend on IG. The duck is just too cute with her bonnet and big eyes. She is already listed in my shop! Below a new to me Ellie wooden kitty paper doll with fashions made in the 80s. She is a lovely addition to my collection. I love the different outfits you can dress her up in! Loads of fun too!


I also found a mint on card hair clips with lovely gems and fake jewels on them. The card is in amazing condition for its age and the hair clips are lovely too. A few missing but still a lovely addition to any toy jewelry collection. This too is listed in my shop! Next, I found a rare Meyercord decal, the one with a bunny pulling a baby chick in the cart. I have seen it used in some wood pieces, but to find one still mint in its original sleeve, Yesss please!! Below a lot with two Mid Century Modern plushies, one in red and one in pink. I have the red bear listed in my shop already! The pink bear with stay with me for a bit.
While I was on vacation, I won this large pink furry "Slurp" plush. He is huge and I listed him in my shop and right away he sold too! Love me some funky monsters from time to time!! Haha! The Pinocchio doll after him, I just happened to find while doing my usual searches. He was in lovely condition and just needed a bit of a wipe down. After sharing him on IG, I got a lot of collectors who wanted him. I had not seen this version before. Sadly, trying to find out who made him was even harder. So I will have to dig a little more...


Lastly, these two mini antique plush bunnies. Stuffed with sawdust I believe, they are truly the cutest. I've seen many bunny plushies that were made in Japan, but none that resemble the plush bunnies like that by Jeebee or Genie Toys with the long ears and wires in them. These are so sweet and I love that fact that they don't take up much room at all! They are hard to find and can be costly I'm afraid. So I will just treasure the ones I do have. 

Welp, that's all for now! Happy Antiquing!! Until next time!

Thank you for stopping by! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment