Thursday, October 10, 2024

"Life is Either a Daring Adventure..."

 "... or nothing at all." ~ Helen Keller

At Guam International Airport Ready for our 11am flight into Narita, Japan.

    Hey guys, here's Part II of my Sistercation adventures. Part I is here. My sister and her husband are enjoying Guam and we had a family BBQ this past Sunday prior to Lita and I going to Japan for a few days. The plan was to spend three days and two nights in Narita, make our way to Harajuku and the Takeshita Dori so that my sister could experience the train rides and do a bit of shopping. We arrived at the Guam Airport without any major issues, except for a lot of rain, ugh. We parked my car, and had to run for the building. Haha! A bit wet, we made our way to the TSA line. Once we made it to our gate, the plan was to get into Narita, catch the shuttle bus to our hotel, check in and then head to Aeon Mall for a bit of shopping.

In the taxi to Aeon Mall.

We ended up taking a taxi to the mall only because the shuttle bus wasn't for another hour and we were ready to eat dinner. Once there we got some fresh fruit and snacks for our hotel room. We strolled the 1st floor first and then headed to the 2nd floor. My sister isn't really into sushi, so we ate at Burger King for dinner. We found some cute things at a Hobby shop, and played some Gatcha machines too. The Daiso had some items like toiletries we'd need for the next three days.


Cute Baby Nanci, I wish I could take her home! LOL

Found a hat for my hubby!

Baskin Robbins Cotton Candy ice cream, Yum!

After Daiso, we called it a night and headed to the shuttle bus depot to catch it and head back to our hotel. The line was short, when we got there, but as soon as the bus was parked, my gosh that line got crazy crowded. We almost missed the bus, because he parked further back since another bus there. We got in and it was standing room only!! Luckily, once the bus stopped at the first hotel, then there was room. Whew! We got to our hotel and we were in for the night.

Avacado and Cheddar Doritos!! Were yummy!

They didn't have strawberry sandwich so I got this one!

I had to get myself one!! Kind of expensive though.

 The next morning both Lita and I got up early, I mean 4am early! Haha! Just relaxed, showered, and waited for our time to head over to the breakfast buffet. We were the first ones to the restaurant. Once in we ate, had our fill and made our way back to our room to change and get ready for the day! The plan was to catch the shuttle bus back to the airport but at Terminal 2 and get our tickets for the Keisei Line into Tokyo, then catch the JR Yamanote line for Harajuku.

Breakfast buffet, was delicious! Yes, that's Melon soda!Ha

Our Keisei Line ticket with reserve seats.

The lady at the train ticket counter was so sweet, she even helped us get tickets to the JR line, and gave us directions. Once on our reserved seated train, we just relaxed and took in the scenery. There were a lot of stops and we arrived at the JR line about an hour and a half later. Once at the JR Yamanote line, we kind of got lost trying to figure out which train track to go too. Haha! But, we found it with a bit of help from a shop keeper. Once on the JR line, Lita got to experience the crazy morning rush with all the suits and teen school kids headed out. She was surprised at how crowded the train was and that personal space, was feeling a bit violated. Haha! 

Once at our stop for Harajuku, we got out and I tried to remember how to get to Takeshita Dori from the train. My memory was foggy and the last time I had been there was 2015 with my family!! LOL The rain didn't help anything either. We just ran across the street and went into a little doorway, waiting a bit. A young woman was heading into a cat cafe and I asked her how to get to the street and she directed us. But before we headed toward the street we decided to get out of the rain and go to the Starbucks to wait it out. 

Starbucks for a break! Mango smoothie!

We made it to Takeshita Dori!!

We left through the back side of Starbucks an found a street that took us into Takeshita. We could see Daiso from the street we walked out of. It was still sprinkling a lot so we headed to Daiso first! Three floors of cute! Lit and I headed to the first floor, it was so crowded. We didn't stay on 1st floor for long and then we headed to 3rd floor next. After 2nd floor. It was good, lots of cute things to buy, but I mainly liked what I found on the 2nd floor, some Rose of Versailles merch!! Yup, Merch!! I made sure to grab all the styles I could! So I got a makeup case, glasses case, bento bag, wash cloth, and smaller makeup case.

Rose of Versailles Merch from Daiso!!

Airport Terminal 2 shopping.

When we left Daiso, we made our way to Mcdonald's for lunch and it was still raining. Ugh. My sister was tired and we just didn't want to wade through the somewhat crowded street and in the rain. So we made our way back to the JR line. I told her we could head back to the airport and shop there, and she agreed. So back onto the JR line and this time because it was only 11am still there was no crowd on the train. We also took the non stop Keisei Line back tot he airport. Yay and got there by 1pm. Ate at a Japanese curry restaurant and then did more shopping. I sat while Lita enjoyed looking around.

Last breakfast before heading back...

When she had her fill of shopping, we caught the shuttle bus back to our hotel and bought some snacks for that night. We just relaxed packed our bags and planned for the next day and catching the shuttle bus back to the airport for our flight back to Guam. We had breakfast at the Buffet, went back to our room, dressed and were ready for the airport. Once at the airport, we did some last minute shopping for family. Then sat at our gate ready for our flight. We arrived back on island by 3pm that day. I told my sister at least we tried and made it to Takeshita Dori as planned. It was a great Sistercation adventure and with my first best friend, my sister! Now her vacation is coming to a close and it will be time to head back to WA.

I'm so glad I made the trip to WA and spending time with my sister was a dream. I will definitely try to visit her again next year. I hope she enjoyed it as well and her partner. Sometimes you have to get out of your comfort zone to experience things and I'm glad I was able to help my sister do that!

Happy October guys! More on finds next time!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

 

No comments:

Post a Comment