Saturday, January 27, 2018

Sweetest Vintage Dolly Book EVERRR!

While doing my usual searches through etsy. I came across, my friends shop and saw she had a dolly up for sale, that I had gotten before... After reading the description and looking at the doll, it included a book! I decided to buy the doll again just because of the book. Only because I was worried someone else would snatch the listing up... LOL Funny story. My friend contacted me and asked if I wanted just the book instead. She was so sweet and refunded my monies and just listed the book by itself!!
Awe, thank you so much dear. I bought it and can't wait for it to arrive...

I decided to do some research on the book, while I wait for it to come in the mail. In my findings, it's a Dutch childrens story book rewritten in 1963 by a company called, Nutricia. They sold baby foods, snacks, and drinks. The books were probably sold or given as promos to advertise their products. There are other books in this series. But, only the one story about this cute doll. The title of the book is called, "Wiesje Wollepop". I've seen this book somewhere before, but I just can't seem to recall... My mind is going. Anyhow, I was able to find a translation of the story. You see it's written in Dutch. So, I took the translations and the scans of the book and edited them. So, here they are, and now we all can enjoy reading this adorable story!!








Wiesje, reminds me of all the cute bunny baby dolls we all know and love!! Like, Shevie dolls, Bunny dolls with rubber faces, Rushtons, Knickerbockers, Woolikins, and Gunds, the list goes on...

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

2 comments:

  1. Hi, how cute is this version of the book?! I own the german version: https://www.flickr.com/photos/32082400@N00/8492252115/in/album-72157603626449357/ and maybe you have seen it there...?? But I didn't know it was dutch. I really adore that everything is pink and the text is also sweeter as the german translation <3 I have to look for this one now. Thanks for sharing it!!

    Hugs, Nicola aka Blythe_Berlin (fka Püppilottchen)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear Nicola, awe, I'm glad dear. You are very welcome and also thanks for sharing yours. I believe you are right. I must have seen your version first! I'm sure Nutricia sold to other countries as well and they may even have it in Japanese perhaps?! It would be nice to see the books from other countries! Many warm hugs and thank you dear for sharing also, Gigi

      Delete