Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Upcycled Cuties and More!

I decided to take these cute cat figurines that used to be on a wooden bench and make them into cute furries! Here's how they turned out...


 I used teal mohair and light pink mohair on them. I added the bows, and the girl has a blue flower added to her hair, and the boy, instead of holding an umbrella that is missing, I had him hold a Sakura paper flower to give her. Underneath I used blue felt to cover up the wood that used to be from the bench they were glued too. Now, it is not only functional to keep them from sliding off a counter or shelf, but hides the glue and wood. They turned out just adorable. I will add them to my shop soon. With these types of figurines being so hard to find and most desired, I figure it is nice to upcycle those figurines that otherwise would not get any attention, into beauties that someone will give a lot of attention too!

 I also received these lovely handmade dresser knobs in cute animals designs for my dressers and closets. I just had to get more. I originally got them via Ebay, but now the sellers has their own website! Yay! Check em' out, there are other cuties available too! Last, I received this lovely vintage Rushton black kitty from ebay. The seller, is the same one I got the white Rushton bunny from. The box was not secured sadly. But, luckily, the kitty was still inside! Whew.


 He was in great condition for his age. So I just needed to wipe him down, brush his fur, and I replaced his ribbon, along with vtg forget me knots. He even makes a squeak sound when you turn him upside down. Too cute! He is a lot larger then my other Rushtons, but a great size next to my white bunny. He will live with me for a bit.

 Have a great week!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment