Friday, April 19, 2019

Unique Chalkware Find!

I recently found this unique Chalkware wall pocket girl, via ebay. She caught my eye as I was searching for goodies. When she arrived, she was just the smallest thing ever! About 2.5 inches.
Tucked away in bubble wrap in a little white box, the seller had her well protected, even though she was in a padded envelope. I carefully took her out, and she was very pale. She also was very worn on the edges and needing a touch up. Well, at least in my opinion. She reminded me a lot of those bisque dolls from China, Germany or Japan. I believe they are called, "Frozen Charlotte". Not too sure, but I've seen them often on auctions. No markings any where. But her eyes are so vivid and make you wonder what she was looking at. She may be 1930s or earlier.

 I decided to touch up her paint a bit. I added more yellow to her top, and white on the buttons of her blouse. I also, touched up her lips, and added blush to her cheeks and face. Afterwards, I sealed with a gloss finish. She's just adorable and I'm having a hard time letting her go... So, she will live with me for a bit longer.
Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

2 comments:

  1. You did such a great job! She's adorable. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear Jenn,

      Aww, thank you love <3 I'm glad you like her!! Sorry, I was not getting my comments?! Many hugs, Gigi

      Delete