Saturday, December 18, 2021

Feeling The Christmas Spirit...

 The holidays are here!! My how time flies. It has been a busy, and hopefully better for all. Here's what I've been up too...

I have been wanting to find a Rushton Pink Santa since about May this year. A pink Santa can be just as pricey as the other Rushton cuties sadly. So, I tried asking a seller, who had one up for auction, but they wouldn't budge on the price. I tried bidding on two that I found, but they ended high. So, I told myself, its okay. I will eventually find one, someday. Then, low and behold while doing my usual searches. One listed just before bedtime. I had to think fast if I was going to get him or not? This lovely Rushton Santa in pink is one of the rarest according to the seller's description. Why you ask? Because, he holds a Coke soda bottle! Yes, there are many Santa's with the very same soda bottle. But, not a pink Santa holding one, and it's true. I have not seen another. I wasn't really going to get one with a soda in hand, but this one had a really nice price. It was a fellow collector's Pink Santa and she was selling him because she felt it was time to let him be enjoyed by someone else. Of course, I was thrilled to see that no one had snatched him up. 

The description stated that the Pink Santa's by Rushton were only for Store displays from 1950s to 1960s, and rarer are the one's holding a Coke soda bottle. These were not available for purchase in stores, only as store displays. So, that part, decidedly made me click buy. The things I noticed on him, that had to be done, was a good cleaning, he was missing part of his coat, and his belt. I told myself, I am sure I could fix that and he'd be wonderful again...
When Santa arrived, he was wrapped in lovely pink tissue paper and packed so nicely. I almost didn't want to open the package. Inside, a sweet note from the original owner. After looking him over, I found that I just needed to wipe him down, and touch up his face paint along with what I had already knew he'd needing done. I was trying to decide how to fix the part of his missing coat and belt. After his wipe down, I realized that the half that was part of his coat was simply placed around his neck, like a cape. I was so happy to see that it wasn't missing after all, and that it was just placed somewhere else on him! Yay! I had gotten some vinyl fabric rolls at the Goody store in pearl white and thought that it would be perfect for his belt loop! Also, to my surprise, I had a gold belt bucket saved from a vintage doll fashion set meant for dolly sewing. Yippee I was so happy I had saved it all these years too! Now, it came in handy. Haha!
I touched up his face paint and I also had to add a bit of plastic glue to fill in the missing rubber from his hair at the top. In one afternoon, Santa was presentable!! He is missing his tag, but does have the Rushton Co. stamp on his boots. He turned out lovely and I was very pleased with the results. Now, he is ready to enjoy the holidays with me! Yay! The Coke soda bottle has liquid in it and looks like a real tiny soda bottle! It is definitely special!


Then, of course some vintage finds that have come and have already sold in my Etsy shop. I found a Lot of school supplies. Most are already listed in my shop and some have sold. So visit soon to see what's left! A unique Ado Mizumori ashtray of a ceramic girl sitting on a toilet. She is listed in my shop and great for your kitsch decor. I won this tan pose doll lady with hat. She is quite unique and also in my shop as well.


Next, this adorable person of color boy Oni or demon baby. I added some fur to him and now, he's similar to those adorable Japan ceramic furry dogs and cats. He's a huge figurine too and would be great on your dresser or desk! I also found another Chocoholic placemat. this time in pink with Koi fish on it, and it came with a coaster too! Just unique and cute too!


I also found these adorable big headed shakers kids. I love their colors of course! I was able to help a friend, find his dream plushies. So that felt nice too! This adorable Pouty blue baby just needed a good washing and touch up on his cheeks. He will live with me for a bit.


These amazing Flossie dolls, I acquired from a friend in Japan! She was selling a few goodies in her collection. I have been on the hunt for these for a few years now. So to be able to snag them was awesome!! Sadly, they don't talk when you pull the string. But, that's okay. Another Furry cutie that I found below and I also listed in my shop. It sold a few days later. She was in amazing condition too!

Update on the Rushton boy bun, I was able to get some matching felt and redid his feet. Now, he is ready to be adopted! Last, item is this lovely long legged zebra figurine, I found earlier this month. I know of a few collectors who have him as an ISO. So glad he will be adopted by a good friend too! He is perfect for the holidays!
Wishing you all a Happy Holidays and I hope you enjoy what the Christmas spirit has to bring!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! What kind of paint did you use to repaint Santa’s face? I have one that I need to restore but I’m not sure how to do the paint, since the colors are so light on the face. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley, I use acrylics and pastel chalks. Hugs, Gigi

    ReplyDelete