Monday, November 29, 2021

Restoration Abound!!

 The past few weeks, I have been working mostly on restorations that were commissioned. And it has been a labor of love, honestly! I feel so honored, that these fellow collectors, want little old me, to bring life back into their beloved plushies, and for that, I thank you so very much for choosing me to do them!!

Now, onto the restorations...

First, this well loved and much soiled Rushton Happy Bear! Believe it or not, he was pink and white before, and as my customer said, you could see it from his tail. His face was oily and grubby, there was practically nothing left of his fur. So, I knew my work was cut out for me for sure!! I began with a good wash. I removed his stuffing as you can see on the before shot, washed him and laid him out to dry. After a few days, I had to wait for the fur in the post to replace him with came in. When it did, I began work on him. After, replacing his fur with bubble gum pink and white. I began working on his face.



I used the Mr. Clean eraser and carefully cleaned his face. I tried to remove as much of the caked on dirt as I could. But his face was still tan, at least not grubby as before. I touched up his face paint, trimmed his fur and added a blue satin bow. He turned out amazing and now has many more years of enjoyment to come! I have already sent him home to his Mommy! He was definitely a challenge, but I am so happy with how he turned out!! Very much worth the effort. Thank you dear Britecoolvintage for thinking of me to restore him for you!!



A pic of him beside my original Happy Bear!! He is nice an fluffy again! Yippee!! My next restoration project was this lovely My Toy Co. side laying Bunny Thumper. The owner wanted me to use another vintage bunny's ears as replacement. First, I washed both bunnies, took out stuffing and added more. I did the transplant of the ears, which by the way still had great wiring inside, Yay! Last, touched up her face paint and added a blue satin bow. Now, she is gorgeous! I love how she turned out!! She is ready to go to her Mommy in today's mail!! Yippee! I love My Toy bunnies, they are just as adorable as Rushton buns are! So far, I've seen pink, blue and now this peach version! Sara says, the contrast of the ears color makes her more cute and unique! I agree with her!




Next, I was able to snag this cutie, and decided to see if I could fix him as well! This lovely Rushton boy bunny is similar to my other costumed bunny in a pink dress, as shown in the ad later in this post. He got the full day spa treatment, and I also created his little hat and appliques myself, based on the Rushton ad. I think he turned out lovely as well. I may replace the felt on his feet, but I need to order the same or similar color. I will do that later. Now, to decide if I should sell or not?! LOL






It has been a labor of love to restore these babies!! Now, let's see what December has to offer!! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving Stateside. Now on to Christmas!!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment