Saturday, March 5, 2022

Recent Finds Etc.

 It has been really busy and in a good way too! I had a commission for a My Toy bunny, that a collector wanted me to do a full restoration for, because it was her original plushy as a child. I was thrilled to work on this bunny, knowing that I was restoring a treasured plush.


Before and after look, the plush was already destuffed by owner. The collector wanted me to completely redo her fur and repaint the face. Sadly, this cutie had permanent marker stains on the eyebrows. So I did my best to remove most of the markings. Can you believe how well loved this guy was, the fur was faded from years of washing of course and that's just normal when loved a lot. So, it was nice to be able to make this cutie new again for her and she was pleased. The bun is already on her way back home!

Above photo not mine but from the auction I won. I didn't get a chance to take a full pic of all the plushies I got in this one box. Instead I had began working on them one at a time...

I won in the lot a Rushton monkey, Stinky Skunk, Rozel bear, My toy wolf, and a large yawning baby. I began with the baby monkey first. I knew she was a rare Rushton. I've only seen her once before. Sadly, the box was just haphazardly wrapped, but at least they were all in a bag. The Monkey had a lot of disintegrated sponge just everywhere and on everything. ugh. I immediately removed it from her and washed her. Poor baby was in poor shape too. As for Stinky, I got him washed and cleaned up, he even has a music box inside him, but missing the key to wind him up. His left arm moves as the music plays. Then, I washed the bear. He wasn't so bad and just needed cleaning. Unique too, because he can stand up, not like the others in the usual sitting position. I have 2 more to work on, but it will be on hold for now...



Both Stinky and the baby Monkey have their original Rushton tags too!

I was able to find Alice, these shoes and this adorable corduroy pink coat. It's fun to dress her up. I also bought my girl a little suitcase for all her adorable outfits... Haha! A girl's gotta travel you know! Found these ceramic wall decor ballerinas, I've already listed them in my shop!


This adorable nude at the moment ceramic pup from Japan auctions, I refurred her. Now, she's fabulous with her bouffant hair do!! I will be deciding on whether to list her in my shop!! So keep your notifications on for etsy!!

Found this dress on Ebay. I will try to altar it to fit Alice too. Love the print and reminds me of Charlie and the Chocolate factory style. Next, this adorable rattle doll to add to my collection. The seller even added a vtg baby shower card!! awwww!! Found a My Toy Reindeer, listed him in my shop and he was snatched up! Already with his new Mommy!



Last, this Dedo type doll made by Maura Italy. She is listed in my shop! Love her realistic blue sleep eyes! She also comes with her international country dress. Definitely unique!

That's all for today!

Thank you so much for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment