Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Warning Rant!!

 

Warning Rant to follow!!!  On my actual birthday, I was scrolling Rushtons on eBay… I bought this adorable cream Rushton Happy Bear for a jaw dropping price! I saw it after it listed and 5 mins in, I knew what I was looking at and hit the 'buy it now' button, and with no hesitation I completed the transaction.  About 30 minutes later, I get a dm on Instagram from 2 fellow collectors. (They know who they are… )  

One asking, "If I bought the bear and that they were going to buy it, but someone bought it already." The other asking, if I bought the bear and if, I was from Guatemala? " Why? I asked. Because they both had asked the seller, and the seller willing gave them the information!!! Wth?!!! Personal information of any kind is not supposed to be easily given. That’s why selling sites hide buyers identity or are at least are supposed too!

This insanity about Rushtons has got to stop!! I will not be guilt-tripped or bullied for buying an item that is publicly up for sale!!!! Meaning it’s available for EVERYONE to buy!!! That’s just wrong and upsetting that some collectors feel the need to bully others for beating them to the punch or are publicly complaining about it!!! I don’t care if you are considered only a child still by others, and don’t understand how to control your emotions. 

I’m a mother of 3 young adults and a teen. It’s best for you to learn right now, at this moment that what you are doing and how you are treating others makes a world of a difference to your friendships with them or at least your interactions with others. Fellow collectors of Rushtons and other rubber face plushies please do not bully these kids either! I am not publicly trying to shame anyone. 

I’m just bringing to light the obvious wrong way that some collectors are treating one another on Instagram, Facebook or any social media for that matter. Then you wonder why IG is considered not healthy for young girls in a study. Hell! This is not healthy for a fun, loving and thriving collecting community of any kind!! 

One by one many of the amazing and creative people we have come to enjoy and love are slowly just not posting or sharing their love of Rushtons and rubber face plushies anymore… Mostly for fear of retribution, judgement, etc. by a small few!! 

ENOUGH is ENOUGH!! I may get unfollowed for this post... But, I will not sit back and watch as our community of collectors for rubber face plushies get slowly bullied and guilt-tripped for it anymore!!

Thank you reading til the end. Read “What is Fair in Collecting”, in an earlier post!!

This has been a public service announcement!  Love you all, ggsdolls

  #ggsdolls #rushton #vintageplush #vintagerubberface #collectors #rant #kindnessmatters #bekind #fairincollecting #nobullying #noguilt #sorrynotsorry


 

No comments:

Post a Comment