Friday, July 15, 2022

Settling in...

 It feels great to be back home. Since we've gotten back, I must admit I miss being at Disney. It was so much fun and just to be out an about. After we got back to Jacksonville. I did do some quick shopping at the local Goodwill there.

We had gone to the one closer to Kalani's apartment. That's where I found this lovely ballerina music box below. It was caught between a plastic bin fill with stuff and the metal shelf it was on. I tried to turn to pull it out, but not luck. Then, Taby came over and she asked me what I was trying to do. In one just a few seconds, she was able to get it out. Looking closely at it, I figured I could upcycle it and make it cute again. So, that's what I left that store with. In the second Goodwill we made it too, it was closer to the beach side of JAX. So, the video you see above is what I took, while in there. I found this adorable crib planter music box, but it was missing something on top. Not sure what it might have been though?

But, from some other examples online it may have been a ceramic sheep or bear? I also saw these matching vases, and lots of cute things, but nothing I wanted to go home with. So it was just the adorable music box. She is in a lovely gray and pink color, and is missing just one ballerina. So I will see if I can find a replacement or use something else to fill in the space. I may repaint part of it and add some other embellishments. I think also too because we had gone to the stores after 12pm, most of the early risers got the goodies already.


Yup, $5.99 is what I got it for. Still not so bad and it still works too! Just too cute! When I picked up a pink slip box from the mail, I got this lovely TV tray for kids. I found it before leaving for my trip. In Canada, it is a lovely vtg plushies dream tin tray. It got beat up a bit, but still adorable. I can't wait to display this piece in my side of the room soon! It's quite large too! It's also funny how things you had in your ISO show up right when you are needing the cash for other things... I found this lovely Cortendorf girl wall plaque. This one in particular is a lovely piece because she looks a lot like Tadie Muz! I was surprised to win it prior to my trip also and she arrived safely to me from WA! Yay!



The past year and half, I've been leaning more and more towards baby items, no surprise, right?! LOL I got myself these 2 lovely Washi tape on Etsy. One with adorable nursery vtg kitsch art, and the other of course with Meyercord cute animals. Great for adding a bit of cuteness to your scrapbook or decor! What do you think? I received this adorable bisque 1920s style girl before I left. She can hold a tiny bouquet of flowers. In this case, the seller put some purple dry flowers. Too cute! And, I also found this lovely pull toy Deer, a mint in package toy from Toys R Us. Gosh, the memories...




This Irwin roly poly doll rattle came with her original box. I found him available on an IG seller's account. She has been added to my Etsy shop too. Love her colors and the box's graphics too! Yup, another Meyercord decal below. Large size too. Minty and from Canada. He is a great addition to my little Meyercord collection. I also found this lovely carnival plush kitty. His multi-colored body and face was what drew me. Definitely unique and adorable. I've added him to my shop as well.


These adorable pin or badges in Japan, I got Monday. I believe the Bambi pin is about late 1950s, made by Walt Disney, as it has the WDP initials on the back. A great addition to my toy jewelry collection. At the same time I found the Bambi pin, I found these 2 ballerina pins. Both made by the same company I believe. I have the pink ballerina in my collection already, so this will be my 2nd pin. The blue is newest to me, as I haven't seen this style, until now. Too cute!
They are just extra special to me. Well, I need to get into working on commissions now. As I have a few on there way. I hope you all are having a great summer, no matter what you decide to do.

Thank you for stopping by! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment