Friday, July 22, 2022

Upcycled Goodwill Find!

     The past week, I worked on the adorable Goodwill piece I took home with me from Jacksonville in my post here.

 
    I was trying to find a replacement ballerina for the third spot missing one. But, sadly, this style of ballerinas are not so easily found. So, I thought perhaps I could use cake topper ballerinas. Nope, only because their legs would hit each other as they twirled. So, I remembered I had a pink rose cabochon that was given as a gift from a purchase some time ago. I searched my drawer of treasures and finally found it.

    This will take the place of the missing ballerina. Now, to find my Dremel to make the hole... While trying to remember where that tool was, I began painting the top of the Gazebo. I liked the gray but wanted it to match the rest of the music box. So I painted it white. I touched up just the white parts of the gazebo as well, and left the pink as it was also nice that it was dinged up in some areas. Only because it gave it some character and history of once being loved by a little girl perhaps. I also began sewing new pink sheer tutus for the ballerinas, since one was missing hers. So I had to make em' match.

After not being able to find the Dremel tool, that my husband misplaced. He suggested I heat a nail and just melt the hole into the cab. So I did. Sure enough it fit right into the metal peg for what would have been the 3rd ballerina's spot. I glued down all the items onto each of the pegs. While that dried, I began to add this lovely pink lace trim around the gazebo. Than, I added some Meyercord sticker decals around it. Last, I added some pastel pink and blue sheer ribbons to each of the arches.


I winded up the music box and even though the song, "Music Box Dancer", played slightly a bit slow, it was still lovely to see the ballerinas rotate as if they were dancing around underneath the gazebo. Even the rose rotated, how precious. Haha. I can imagine the little girl who once owned this music box, must have loved it a lot and played with it often. But as she grew up, it was time to let go of it or perhaps because she misplaced one ballerina she that she took from it to play with, and in the end lost it. If only a vintage piece could speak. LOL Maybe not, we might get freaked out! Ha! Above, the before and after shot of the gazebo music box.

Well, either way, this adorable music box has many more years to be enjoyed. For now, it will stay with me! Have a great weekend dear friends!


Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment