Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Kitschy Cuteness!

 Oh my goodness we are five months into 2023!! Time just zips through doesn't it?! Here are some vintage thrift finds that I'm still pinching myself on...

These adorable bunny girl figurines I thrifted. They were simply stunning, and were only missing their felt ears. So I was able to make them some similar and now each of them are just adorable. Definitely a rare find complete and in awesome condition. They are already rehomed. I was so surprised to find them for sure!! Next, this adorable mint in package blue rattle doll. I took him out of his packaging as it was very dirty and worn. I kept his card and wiped him down. He is already listed in my shop!

This lot of vintage Meyercord decals I won! I kept a few for myself and have listed the rest in my shop! Many of the usual variety that are easy to locate, but also some rare ones too! They are the large decals too! Great to be framed or used!! My daughter Taby, also found me this adorable Sammi Ryan sweater top with adorable kitsch deer on it!! She came home from work and was like, "Mom, look at this!!" I was so thrilled. Now, I want to get the pink one. This was at ROSS too! So awesome!



Next, I was able to snag this adorable 'sleep eyed' Kitty plush by Gund. He needed some work and these are the before photos. Sadly, he had that sponge stuffing inside him, which will disintegrate if I don't remove it. So, I restuffed him with cotton batting and it took me about 2 weeks to remove the marker spots on his face. I was not able to remove the gold part of the marking, but still he ended up looking way better!!




He has tiger stripes on his fur too and everything is all original except the satin bow. Here he is, side by side with my Rushton Bunny. Sweet babies for sure! I also acquired these adorable pearly deer for my shop! In lovely condition as well. I've sold a set like this before. This adorable Rushton felt eyes bunny rabbit is just so unique and adorable. I added some 'forget me not' flowers and she is listed in my shop!



Last for today's post is this adorable mini dresser from Japan. It came with extra items like, the Eudermine perfume also made in Japan. This particular dresser reminds me of the vintage mid century dressers of the early 60s. Here is a photo from an exhibition in Japan of a similar life size dresser!

Definitely a keeper for sure! I believe that these mini dressers were used to hold jewelry, makeup, etc. for women and teen girls. A lovely piece of Japanese history for sure! 

Well that's all for now! Happy Kitsch Finds!!

Thank you for stopping by! ~ ggsdolls

2 comments:

  1. Those kittys turned out very clean! You can't even see the marker spots, great job. I tried looking up that little blue rattle baby, unfortunately it looks he's already sold,, seen your white bunny in green courduroy though, ADORABLE!
    I love corduroy, it's just the softest. My teddy has blue navy corduroy overalls, he's pretty old himself, but I couldn't find a year, although I do know he's made in Taiwan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! Yes, some items sell fast in my shop. Love corduroy too! hugs, Gigi

      Delete