Thursday, November 2, 2023

Restorations and More!

 Here are my recent finds and restorations...

I found some replacement ballerina dolls for music boxes. I made sure to get at least 2 and the seller was so kind enough to give me a gift! One with a pink polka dot skirt. Just awesome and will be great for any jewelry box that may be missing a ballerina. I finally found myself a 3 headed rattle in white and blue. I sold my red and white one last month. So this cutie will stay with me for now.
I also made this adorable bonnet for a Rushton Ballerina Pink Toes that I sold last month and made one for my own Bunny as well. It was fun to try to figure out how to create it too. Now, the bunny has a new home with a sweet birthday girl.
Next, I found this adorable Fluffy by Rushton. The seller said she was owned by her grandma, how sweet! She needed a bit of help and was missing her hat. I was able to wash and restore her and source a place to find a replacement hat too! I was very happy with the end result. Here she is with her book. Now, she just needs her twin brother.

I was able to acquire these adorable craft blocks with lettering and made myself some shop logo blocks. I love the way they turned out too. Definitely an easier way to include your watermark in pics too! Haha! This adorable Krueger head rattle doll on a plush clown body. I also made this one myself repurposing a vintage rattle head. Happy with the way she turned out too!


I'm not sure if I told you guys, but I found this adorable Giggles by Ideal in Japan. She still works and has her original Ideal tag in English and Japanese. I've always wanted one, but just never really got around to locating one until now. This adorable huge Easter Rushton plush bunny. He needed a lot of washing and I just returned his stuffing inside him. Then replaced the ribbons and added a hat to him.
Now, he is ready for Easter. I will list him in my shop soon! I also found this adorable Hallmark Birthday invitation cards and envelopes set, mint in package too. I am trying to convince myself to open them. Haha!


This awesome book of vintage Japan kitsch toys. It's a newly released book of Retro Toy collections. Thank you to Tomoko for letting me know the title! Definitely a good source for vintage Japan kitsch. Below, an adorable Chick Rooster vinyl plush. He needed a bit of paint and also some sewing. Just too cute!


My latest rattle doll find. I love the pastel colors. He will live with me for a bit. Look at this adorable Teach a Tot clock below. There is just something about anthropomorphic toys. Their faces are just the sweetest not to want them! Great additions to my kitsch nursery collection too!

Lastly, for today... This amazing vintage Yukiko Tani Sunstar compact with memo and coin holder. When you open it, there's a mirror and the memo booklet inside. 

On the back is where you can put your coins inside the slot and turn it to add more coins into it. This was great for school kids that needed to ride the train or subway to get back home. Just amazing to me and to find it in such lovely condition. 

Well that's all for today. Happy Thrifting!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment