Sunday, December 3, 2023

Lovely Treasures Abound!

    I can't believe it's already December! Ahhhh the wonder and whimsy of the holiday season is all around! Here are some cute vintage finds recently!!

Since the dollar is really strong in Japan, I've been searching for some amazing vintage pieces for my collection and shop. Above, a lovely 50s Encyclopedia on girls manga art. I've seen it often but never really gotten one until now. Now, I want to find others. It reminds me of those girl annuals that you see in the US and UK. Next to that is a lovely anime girl wallet or coin purse. I just love it! Also a one I've been on the look out for. Since this past Japanese festival didn't have any masks, I found one via Yahoo Japan auctions. This lovely pig mask. Remind you of anything? Yup, those ceramic pig coin banks!! Lovely condition too and a great addition to my collection of Festival Masks.
I also got another 40 year old Kankan, this one is the Milano Version. I love Milano's art. So dreamy and more realistic versus other shoujo anime art, and mostly girls with blonde hair. Inside, same items or similar to the ones from my tiktok video, seeds, food for them, nail polish, memo pad, and brooch. I was able to get this artist mini plush pink dog. Made similar to Bandai Plush retro dogs. She's cute and easier to store! Haha!

Another recent find is this lovely Mitsukoshi pose doll set with box. I am deciding whether to sell or not too. The set includes a doll, table, rice pot, bowl, two platters, and stool. I love the graphics on the box as well. Around 1940s perhaps. It is amazing that these items still exist!!



This amazing Nottinghill Lace dresser set in pink. I found via eBay. I simply love the coloring and style. It is already on bench for photo background. I even made some blocks out of my name to create a display for my shop! It was fun!

 Below, some adorable upcycled snowmen ornaments. The seller said they were lights before and she made them into ornaments. I love them and they remind me of those pixie snow babies! So sweet and are on my Christmas decor in my bedrm already!


This adorable snowbaby kewpie is also in my shop! A lovely addition to any collectors brood! I've also been feeling under the weather with the flu. And this welcome gift below from my good friend Rasa arrived in surprise. Just look at the personalization and sweetest embroidery. Rasa is so talented and I will definitely treasure this lovely gift!

Next, this lovely pink sleepy kitty version. I've seen them in white mostly, so to find a pink one was definitely a highlight! She has already been adopted too! I am told she may be a Rushton. Not sure, she kind of reminds me of Jerry Elsner cats. Below, a lot of cuties most listed in my shop!!

My Japan Festival haul, I simply got this adorable carriage container, blue balloon dog and bubble gum beaded key chains. I wish I had gotten more!! Haha! Below, some perfume and bubble bath bottles for my shop! I've upcycled them and added some plastic flowers inside and satin ribbons!


This Dibro Christmas tree angel, I have seen for years and always wanted to get one. They can be very expensive depending on the condition. This one was cheap, since she needed a lot of work. I've upcycled her and now, she is ready to be displayed this year!! Definitely happy with the way she turned out!

I've often seen these antique Victorian Easter bunnies with plastic baby faces. I recently was able to win this pink one via eBay. I meant to clean her up and resell, but she has won my heart. LOL So she will live with me for now. Lately Rushtons have been hard to come by. Mostly because there are more and more collectors wanting them. So here's a few I found and these are from the 70s. You can definitely see the difference in their make and fur.

Web Deb, is in purple and she's a lot smaller, even Peter. The fur is thick and more velvet in feel, even their rubber faces are more of a mass produced face paint on them versus Mary's hand painted touches. Still they are worth collecting and just as adorable! I may add them to my shop...

Well that is all for now! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season! 

Happy Treasure Hunting!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

2 comments:

  1. There used to be a very good site on British annuals, which featured a lot of girls annuals like Princess Tina, which didn't seem to change much during the time they were published.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear Richard, So true! I've seen a few and I have a Princess Tina from the 70s! I love the cover graphics too! Hugs, Gigi

      Delete