Thursday, December 28, 2023

Goodbye 2023!!

 This year has had its ups and downs, but I must say, that it has been a great one either way! Here are some of the cute vintage kitschy things I've found along the way...

This adorable red bear, was in a really nice box and great condition. They are often very expensive. So I was able to snag this one for a decent price. Another Mitsukoshi ballerina doll in yellow. I love their faces most. Something about her face that screams 40's style to me. Both of them will stay with me for a bit.
This adorable Bonnie Bunny doll, made in China is a BJD! They came in blind boxes. This one is from a pajama series. Sara liked her and has her now. Haha! Below, I often see these bunny pose dolls, but they sell really fast! So to find 2 was awesome and they are in excellent condition too! Listed in my shop already!

Next, I found this amazing Camel Japan child head bust up for auction, and won her/him. She's hollow and just needed a touch up. But I love her sweet face. She was great to show off this adorable vintage cap and apron. So cute! I also found some really great anime girl cases with play jewelry and accessories. Some I listed in my shop, some items, I kept.

Like this fawn case, kind of funky the way it is depicted. Haha! The necklace, compact, and earrings are mine. Love faux jewelry from this era. They always remind me of my childhood! Adorable Licca Chan wallet, coin purse for my collection too. It was a good month for finding many things I once only dreamt of getting!! I feel the blessings for sure!


This lovely pink case with accessories is also in my shop! Just look at that cute crab pendant!! Too cute! The psychedelic purse case with vinyl dolly is also in my shop! Next, this sweet Posedoll puppet on a stick. I believe she is meant to be 'Little Red Riding Hood'! She was an interesting find for sure!!



I saw an auction of these lovely animal dollies, which are really Takara Tokotoko Chan. She is basically the Japan version of Finger Ding dolls. Tokotoko Chan really has a human head, but apparently, these cuties had theirs lost, is my guess. I've had many friends say that the animal dolls are better and I agree! Haha! I'm just missing the bear head now. Below, I got this lovely Lady Maria doll for my shop. She is in lovely condition just missing her originals shoes. She's already listed in my shop. Last another mini Twiggy head. This one is a bit larger then my other mini Twiggies. I will have to do a side by side.


Above and below, I was able to acquire this lovely Large Molly Cottontail bunny. This version has the Smiley Eyes face mold. She is all original and comes with this adorable pink bonnet with a little bee on it. She is already adopted and waiting to go to her new owner. I just wanted to showcase Peter with her so you can see the size difference. Below, is the 1970's Rushton version of Peter. Made in Taiwan. This version is just as cute, but smaller as you can see for the side by side differences. Even his fur is a different grade.

For Christmas, I got myself this amazing Monocle Bunny Rabbit also by Rushton. A fellow friend and collector Savannah, was selling. He is one of my ISOs. So to have him now is the icing on the cake for sure!! Below, these nude angel ornaments caught my eye! Made in Japan. These are quite different from the Herman Pecker ones we often see. They have wire wings in different colors. I have the extra one listed in my shop.

This Oike Co. Sunchan doll purse, I found from a seller in Canada. She is in lovely condition and available in my shop! Very mod in style and reminds me of the 60's. I was also able to snag this adorable Rushton Pink Reindeer. Often very hard to find. She arrived just before Christmas! I had her listed a bit after and she sold right away!

Here she is by my bedroom Christmas tree. Love her coloring and she is all original too! Below, our Christmas tree and decor this year, 2023. It was fun to decorate for sure. Now, to take everything down...


It has been a trying year, but we have our health and that is what's important. We still have not started construction on our ceiling at our Tongan house. But, we are just taking it one day at a time. That's all we can hope for. So far, it has been lovely living here in the village. It can be very noisy, but that is what I remember life to be like living around neighbors when I was a kid. Makes me cherish the time I was living down at Tongan Way just a bit more. Haha!

May you all have a blessed 2024!! Happy New Year to you and your family!

~ Love, ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment