Saturday, June 22, 2024

Sweet Sunny Daze...

 ... and warm summer nights. Gosh, June is almost gone! My how time flies! Here are some thrift finds as

of late!

This amazing hand painted Lamb wall plaque! I immediately fell in love with when I found it. Reminded me of Meyercord, but perhaps not made by them? 1950s and decided to keep for now. I love her eyes, just dreamy! Below, this lovely condition Gund striped gray and black sleepy kitty with original box. I have listed in my shop already. Rare to find them so minty too!

A set of newly release by Ken Elephant acrylic gatcha key chains of Okura Toys from the 60s and 70s. I really love the one with the rings, because I have the actual vintage version. They are so cute and lovely addition to any toy jewelry or dishes collection from Japan. I have a set for sale in my shop too! Then, these adorable pink rubber rain boots for kids. It has an adorable bear mascot, and its original box as well. Also listed in my shop!


I found these tan Poppo style ladies with eyelashes. Each one in good to great condition and they are just so sweet to display on your dresser or kitsch decor. Both listed in my shop as well! Another keeper find is this adorable Plakie rattle toy! Wild right?! You are suppose to hit the wood teeter and the rattle bounces up and down. Truly unique and will stay with me for now.

Below, an ad from a Billy and Ruth catalog 1962 of a Rushton Soldier Bear. I found a loose one needing some help and cleaned him up, refluffed him and touched up his paint. I made his felt top and found the very same vintage natural cornet style trumpet that he holds in the ad. It was truly a joy to work on him and get him back to his original look!

Can you imagine, he was only three dollars back in 1962!! He will stay with me for now. He looks so much like Cheesy Mouse, but look below...

They have similar face mold, but because of the color paint changed slightly he looks completely different! Haha! Such a sweetie for sure!

Happy Hunting my dear friends!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment