Thursday, October 4, 2018

New Old Rushton Ducky Arrival

Oh boy, I've been obsessed as of late with vintage Rushton Toy Company stuffed animals, or any cute adorable plushies, I find online. This time, I made it my mission to find a particular one made by Rushton, a duck. While doing my usual searches through ebay, there was one Lot with the duck, I was interested in. Unfortunately, the seller didn't want to break the family and sold them as a Lot. I decided to be patient and wait for when one did show up. Sure enough last week, one did. She was in good condition and the seller mentioned, there was some dirt, and that she still had both her tags on her. I immediately made the purchase and watched her tracking and arrival to Guam.

Funny thing, USPS tracking tells you a supposed date of arrival. I often tell myself it's only tentative. Date came and went, by Wednesday nothing. Sam and I had gone to check our mail and there was a key to the locker, but, for the life of us, neither he or I could open the box. We were sure we were given a wrong key. So, I decided to wait til Taby got home from work. Later that evening we drove back up to the village and she got down to try the key again. When I looked back at her, she was walking towards the car with three boxes. Haha, she had a big smile and I was laughing. Her Dad and I, had tried several times to open the box, but she was able to open with one turn of the key. It was hilarious! Inside, was my precious Rushton Ducky in one of the boxes...


Vintage Rushton Easter Duck stands about 9 inches tall, she needed just a bit of a wipe down on her face and the spot that had dirt. Her feet are faded, but no moth holes, whew. Nice fur, no missing spots and her tags were shredding, but still in tact. She has weight to her, and can stand with a bit of fixing. She was missing her bonnet. Her face is so sweet and I love her eyes most. Her wings can be opened up or pushed close to her body. Just adorable. Before her arrival we had gone to the local 100yen store, Goody Store and I was searching for something to make her bonnet with, and I found a beach hat. Can't beat 100yen beach hat! From searches online on how to make a bonnet, I found a simpler way of making one, using a beach hat.
Sorry, I didn't take enough 'Work in Progress' photos, but here's the start. Basically, I took the beach hat and cut the rim off and then the main part in half. I took the section of the hat I wanted to use to become the bonnet, and shaped it to the style and size I would need. I used some light blue ribbon and began to sew onto the mesh. I may need to use something to keep the hat from fraying, but because it is made very stiffly, maybe I won't need too. After sewing on the blue ribbon, I check to see how it looks on the duck. Then, found some 3 inch pink ribbon for the ties. Ta Da! I was done!
 Not perfect, but hey, it works. I also added some vintage paper flowers I had, to complete this cutie's look! Now, she looks even more adorable and just like her old self!



 I also received in the mail, this vintage Glico tulip style chair from Yahoo Japan. I will add it to my dollhouse miniatures collection. I even found this lovely Lefton Miss Dainty tea pot via IG, a shop was selling, and because she had some chips, for cheap! She arrived safely and will be added to my display collection.



 Along with the Glico chair, I won this vintage plush container dog, in red and yellow. I will clean him up and I hope to add him to my shop soon! I also got two more Reader's Digest spice container houses in a Lot. The new one is the "Ice Cream" shop. I'm guessing they only sold the two... not sure. If other pop up, I will try to add them. Haha.


 Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment