Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Little Tomy Rooms are coming together nicely...

I started finding these rooms back in 2009 via YJA. Then, later found out they were called, "My Little Tomy Rooms". This year I found out the name of the doll that lives in these rooms. She is called, "Linda-chan" These little rooms remind me of a fellow blogger's Call-small's, "Rooms-in-Miniature" sets.

The Tomy rooms are also made in Japan and the set is not as complicated at the RIM's. Tomy rooms, are ready made, you just have to put the furniture in place and place the yellow acrylic ceilings on top or leave them off and connect all the rooms to form a house! The rooms themselves are made of a metal tin for the walls and thick cardboard on the floors. The windows and doors are a acrylic and can be opened or closed. I think these rooms were made back in the 1960's? Neither the box nor the pamphlets say. So, I'd have to do more research to find out.

I had all the other rooms in storage and took them out to show the rooms put together! Each room has two side doors and according to the diagram in the pamphlet you can place them on top of each other or side by side to create a living space or home. Above, shows the living rm, garden, bathrm, and studyrm at the top!

This photo shows another way to stack the rooms up. Like the bathrm set, I found the living rm set first mib, then, the garden set came loose, the studyrm was nice and mint, and finally the bathrm set. All I am missing is the bedrm and kitchen sets for the home.

As you can see all the furnishings for each room is made of a thick plastic and can be damaged easily if you are not careful. The living rm set above was partially damaged and I had to re-glued the coffee table and lamp.

The loose garden came with a few other extras that was not with the original set, but I was happy to find out that the garden set just came with the two lawn chairs and the table. So, this set was complete and I didn't have to find anything else that belonged to it! The gate to this set was broken and I re-glued it.

The study room above is one of my favorites because of the wall print and colors used in the furnishings! Reminds me a lot of the Ayumi U. rooms! This set was in lovely condition!

Then, my latest find, the bathroom set above. All the furnishings are nice and mint. Unfortunately, the floor is dirty and worn, and the tape left behind a lot of yellowing on the sides of the room, and the windows. I will have to clean up later. Still the rooms are amazing and I've been really lucky to find them and get them cheap too! - ggsdolls

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I have never seen these before...they are very neat! These do remind me of my Rooms-in-Miniature sets, but also of Jennys Home sets, made by Spot-on in the 1960s in England. You can see them here: http://spot-on-collector.com/dollshouse/INDEXJENNY.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. CS, thanks so much. I really wanted you to see these! When you posted your lovely Living RM. I thought of these rooms, not as elegant as RIM's, but I just thought I'd show you^_~ hugs, gg

    ReplyDelete