Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Rare Mermaid Pencil Case

I just have to share this with you...

I acquired this lovely vintage "Alpine Mermaid" pencil case with art work by Saeki Kayo, "アルプス マーメイド 佐伯かよの 筆箱". Through an online shop in Japan.
 I actually found the book with the same art work here in this post. I eventually sold the book. But, have been on the hunt for this pencil case. You see, as a pre-teen growing up in the 80s, I had this pencil case. I used it in class for some time, and then, I no idea what happened to it? I don't know whether it broke or what? More than likely, I lost it. I did find it back in 2011, up for auction through Yahoo Japan, but sadly. It went really high in price and I didn't win it.

 So, finding it recently has been truly a blessing. Still lovely and mint. The case itself is a lavender purple with a mermaid on the front cover, and little bubbles around her, with mermaids inside. If you look carefully! At the back, two mermaids swimming playfully along with some angel fish, and yellow fish.
 On the side its marked with more angel fish and maker. You can open the front and back side, to place pencils, erasers, and other things for school. I love the "Butterfly" at the center. I don't even recall that emblem. LOL
 Definitely a treasure to behold.
 Then, I also received my pre-order of the new Azone Pure Neemo Emotion S White skin version in the mail. I've wanted to get an XS bod for some time, but just never got around to it. Then, this new release, looked interesting.
 I'm able to manipulate the legs better, and the body can sit nicely with legs tucked in. The waist is a bit unusual and will need some getting use too.
 Came with heeled feet too. I hope to use it for Francine perhaps...
 Last, I finally received this vintage girl mirror from an IG purchase. I had to send it to my sister's mailing since the seller wouldn't send to Guam. Took so long too. I love the coloring and the cute face with blush. This will be added to my collection.
 Thanks for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment