Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Tadie Muz Coat Found and More!!

I recently won on Ebay a Lot of clothing listed as Tadie Muz's by Ide France. I was trying to win the other lot as well and maybe another Tadie doll, but not in the cards. Oh well. Still this find was something I had been hoping to find one day, and that one day came true! Yay!
 Quick, back story, Tadie Muz is a vintage doll made in the late 1960s by Ide France. She has a house and Cottage too! If you search via my blog you will find my posts on her. It's actually been awhile since I took her out to play. So, naturally when the Lot arrived. I did. In the Lot was a yellow raincoat, not shown, the orange coat dress, a pair of green shorts, and two pairs of shoes, one in dark blue and one in white. Upon inspecting everything, the raincoat must belong to another doll. Just have to figure out who? The orange coat had a snap loose, sadly, I don't have the tool to put it back on. So, instead I replace it with a button. The coat was in excellent condition, just a bit of fraying of the fabric.

 The coat dress is just that, a coat dress and reminds me of the 60s fashions. As I inspected the shoes, I was very pleased to find out, that the dark blue pair is original to Tadie. Yesss! I've always gotten Tadie and her shoes were always missing, so to have a pair, is a dream come true! The white pair is not original, but made for Penny Brite. I have other pairs. I also took a scan of the coat dress from Tadie's doll booklet and placed it side by side the actual coat dress on my Tadie. Sure enough it is that very coat dress! Yay! I had planned on having a fellow collector and friend make one for me. But, now I have the actual fashion!

I also won this cute Edward Mobley Squeak Toy Bear copycat by Tacoplast made in El Salvador, in pink! He was up for grabs on Ebay and I loved his color. I often find them in green, yellow or blue. But, I always lose out, because sellers will not ship outside the States. Ugh. I cleaned him up and used baby oil to try to wipe off the grime on his eyes, as they were cloudy. It helped. I'm deciding to keep or not too...


 Then, I ordered more 7mm fur fabric from Russia, they came in too. So, I decided to redo my mini plush duck. Here's what she looked like before! She's now, so soft and furry! I used a template I bought from Etsy for her wings, and feet. The very same pattern came with a bonnet and collar pattern. Yesss! Now, I can make more bonnets, and even collars. It was fun to watch her come together. Her head and body is made by using the same bear pattern. She's about 4 inches and sits. Feet are better in felt, as I tried to make her feet plushy, but it was too large as she sat. Her bonnet is made of pink rik rak and felt in aqua. I also added some white flowers, not shown.


 Last, I was able to catch the sale of this lonely alien kitty figurine on IG. She arrived fast and safely. She stands about 2.5 inches tall and has eyes that are black like those vintage alien toys from the movie, "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind." Quite unique don't you think? She will be added to my collection of oddities. Sadly, you can see she is supposed to be with her Mommy, one of those chained ceramic Mommy and baby kitsch figurines. LOL

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment