Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Christmas Ornament Finds, ETC!

Christmas is just around the corner! So, I decided to add a few vintage ornaments to my collection and here's what came in...
 I bought this lot of vintage kitsch 1960s flocked ornaments from Etsy. In the lot, was 'Little Red Riding Hood', 'Little Miss Muffet', and a cute girl, perhaps Gretel from 'Hansel and Gretel'? Not sure. I've always wanted to get these cute flocked Japan made ornaments for some time. Since a few were up for sale. I figured, these I could afford to buy, without going beyond my budget. They arrived safely and fast too, sadly Miss Muffet is missing her spider. All of the girls were in good to great condition. I love Red most! If you noticed, I used an IG sticker to create the spider on Muffet below. Haha.


 These character ornaments are just adorable. I remember similar ornaments as a child. But, not on our Christmas tree, but my Aunt's tree. You see, my mother quite often drove over to her sister's house in Piti, about 40 minutes from our village, to visit with her and we spent a lot of time with her and her family. I recall us kids helping her put up her Christmas tree. A lot of her decorations were from Japan. Ahhh, the memories! The next set, I got were these two felt Putz type house light ornaments, made in Japan. I love the coloring and the simple look of the house, besides the fact that they cost way less than actual vintage Putz houses. LOL I have red and blue in my collection and hope to get yellow too.



 You are supposed to place Christmas lights through the holes at the back side to allow light inside the house, so they look nice all lit up! Just adorable and kitsch. Last, I found these lovely vintage ceramic Ado Mizumori hairspray cover and wine bottle cap, perhaps from an online website, that sells directly from Japan. While searching up to find more of my vintage ceramic Mizumori girl figurines, these showed up instead. I will be adding them to my shop soon!


 The hairspray cover is found often even through Etsy or Ebay. I'm not sure with the small wine cap? Both are in lovely condition and maybe you could recover the cardboard tube with a different color to design? I hope to list them later today...

 Have a wonderful week and Happy Holidays!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment