Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Finds and Hope!

It has been just surreal the past two months. I think back to when I took my sister to Japan and our mini vacay with each other in Honolulu and I feel very humbled by what we were able to experience prior to the Pandemic. We are blessed and I thank God everyday.

Nowadays, seems like a nightmare that we may not wake up from. So many have lost their lives from this virus, but we need to also look at the data and many have survived too. All of it can be overwhelming. But, I recall something my former co-worker and great mentor, Mr. Bill Paulino, once said to me, "God gives us what we can handle."  And I still hold onto that statement dearly. It gives me 'HOPE', and there is nothing wrong with believing. Guam hasn't had any new cases of COVID-19 for a few days now, though we are not out of the woods yet. It gives each of us, 'HOPE', nonetheless...

Here are a few finds to pass the time...
 While doing my searches online, I found this through Etsy, a lovely vintage ceramic floral bunny coin bank! I've found, the cat twice, and the bear once. It was nice to find this lovely bunny, she still has her original rubber stopper too! It is marked, "Foreign" and "B" for "Bond Ware" Imported. Definitely made in Japan like the others, and generally sold in UK and Europe. I may add her to the shop...? LOL
 Next, I adopted this lot of 3 vintage hard plastic sleep eyed walker dolls made in Hong Kong. In green, pink, and yellow through a lovely Etsy shop, named, "MarshallsToys". Charlene, the owner, was so sweet, she kept in touch with me, from purchase to its delivery! Just to make sure I received the dolls safely. How sweet!!

Sadly, the yellow one's eyes are somewhere in her head, and she came as a bargain with her sisters! No complaints here. The thing that drew me to them, are their scary sleep eyes they have, not to mention their dresses are like something out of "The Shining"!! Yikes!! They are made in the 1950s, and when you turn their heads, their legs move as if to walk. The arms can be repositioned in or out or behind. Love that feature too! They have molded on hair in a ponytail and worn white sashes on their pony tail so cute!! Plastic dresses, with molded on socks and Mary Jane shoes. I'm loving them so much!! Thank you Charlene for selling them!!




 I worked on the yellow dress dolly. I had to open her head carefully, remove her eyes, which were down her neck. Sadly, they didn't want to stay in place, so I opted to glue them in. Her arms are glue in place also from the previous owner, I guess. So she is not able to move her arms like the other two. Last, I repainted her shoes. She can still walk when you turn her head. She just isn't able to close her eyes when you lay her down. Still lovely to me!

 Next, I decided to redress Cherry Chan in a Momoko period fashion. She was just adorable in this one too! Last, I took my Rushton Bunny out to ride her tricycle in the yard. She even ventured out onto the road! Be careful little one!! LOL

 Hope you all are staying safe and staying home!

Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment