Saturday, August 21, 2021

American Girl Barbie!

 I recently found a lovely 1958 Mattel Japan American Girl Barbie with blonde hair. I don't generally collect Barbies, well at least not since the early 2000s when I first collected Francie. But, I was searching to find an American Girl, and too my surprise, there was one, at a reasonable price. I bought her and when she arrived. She just needed some cleaning up!

When she arrived, the seller had included a Peewee doll, and a Knickerbocker Kewpie Bunny plush in the box. I was very surprised! I immediately took the pajamas Barbie had on and washed her hair and cleaned up her face. She had no green ear, just a little lipstick rub. I was very happy. I thought about keeping her, but, I have decided not to collect dolls if I can help it. I told myself, if I did find dolls, I would get them to resell. Haha! She originally came with an original Barbie fashion called, "Slumber Party". I was able to find an original American Girl swimsuit via Ebay. She turned out lovely after her shower. I then, relisted her via my Etsy shop and she sold about a week later.

It was nice to see her adopted. I then, took the Knickerbocker Bunny and washed him next...   I restuffed him. Sewn the areas that had holes, and added a bow along with a working wind up music box inside his zipper compartment. It plays, "Easter Parade". A fitting song for him. He turned out quite lovely and is listed in my Etsy shop. I also received this lovely artist wall decor of Rushton's Omar Octopus made by KewtKitsch on IG. I love her packaging!! She made me laugh so much, as I opened up the box!





KQ made him to look just like the original Omar. I love the style of lace and ribbon combo! Quite unique and he will be a great addition to my wall decorations. I was able to find some dolly fashions made for Kikipop, that could fit my little Japan Bisque doll, Betty! I just need to find the jumper I have. I know it is some where in my storage containers... LOL



I also received from Japan, via DHL, these lovely Nesting Bento boxes by Chocoholic. I got three sets. One with a poodle, one with cute animals and the last, with adorable girls. I will list two and keep the animal set for myself. So check my Etsy shop soon! These will be great for lunch boxes or just to use as storage for your cute things!!


I also received this lovely blue My Toy plush bunny. She just needed a bit of cleaning up. She looks so cute with the red one as well. I just sold the red bunny this past week. The blue one is listed in my shop! I forgot to mention also in my box from DHL, are these ceramic teal puppy figurines. I have been wanting a set since seeing them a few years back. To my surprise, there was a set up for grabs recently. So, I was very happy!! They are quite unique and adorable too! Just look at those chubby puffy cheeks!!

Sara and I had decided we'd spend last night at our family friend's condo. She is off island. So we've been checking in at her place to make sure her mail is picked up and other things. Our initial plan was to go swimming in the pool. But sadly, we had to make a change of plans. So, instead we just relaxed and lounged around. It was very meditative. I took some friends with me, and this morning we left early for the Post Office, and I picked up new ones. It was a busy Saturday!!

We left the condo by 11:30am and headed home. I hope you are all staying safe and enjoying your weekend!

Thank you for stopping by! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment