Saturday, August 14, 2021

Making a Rushton Wish Come True!!

 A dear fellow collector James via instagram, gave me the task of making his adorable Happy Bear with really thinning fur into a Happy bear of his dreams!! I must admit I was afraid, I would not accomplish the job. You see, restoring a plush is easy when it's just adding stuffing or repainting their rubber faces. But to, take a plush, and give it a different color fur and refur the whole body, well, honestly, can be very daunting. But, this sweet person, believed in me, and trusted me to do the job. Even though I wasn't sure I could accomplish it. So with that, he sent me his sweet bear and even allowed me all the time I needed to do what I could.


 For that James, I truly appreciate you trusting in me dear... I began on July 31st. You see I actually got the bear back on July 15th. I had to wait for the fur to come in from the states. I had bought the wrong fur the first time, as it was a bit too short. So I opted for my usual shop for these types of fur that are very similar to what Rushton plushies are made of. So, I started to work on the bear. I took his body, section by section. I worked on him every few days or so. Stopped took a break from him, took my time. Then after a few days began working on him again. As this process was very intricate and time consuming to do. You see, I even kept the original Rushton tag and made sure it shows even with the new fur. By August 12th, I was done. I had his fur trimmed and ready for photos by the morning of August 13th. I was sure he wouldn't be done until September! But, he was done!! I was surprised myself! Haha.


I had even added a thicker pink satin bow and took some photos with my sweet Happy bear!! James's Happy bear turned out beautifully! I was very proud of what I had done and the work I had put in to help create someone's dream plush! Mind you, I didn't have to do his face, it was already beautifully done by someone else. All I had to do was give her a new body to be admired in!! James's Happy Bear went from a dingy colored white thinning plush bear, to this lovely, amazingly thick furry white with pastel pink fur Happy Bear!!

My job was complete. Whew, and I immediately sent her on her way home to her Daddy!! It was definitely a fun challenge and to know that I could create something like that for James, made this commission well worth it!! Again thank you sweet friend for believing in me, when I didn't believe in myself, at the time!! You can see more of James's cute pics via instagram under seafoodpasta! Just sharing a few finds that came in below. I actually received this lovely Rushton Mouse from another collector friend named, Ashtomaton! She even added some of her very own adorable art prints!! I felt so blessed to get a few of her works!! Thank you Ashley! I love them! Believe it or not, I also worked on this adorable mouse, while doing the Happy Bear! LOL


This adorable mouse, just needed his felt ears, hands and feet redone!! I touched up his face as well and made him a little vest similar to Peter Rabbit's vest, but in pink! He turned out lovely and I am so thrilled to own him now, in my collection!! Next, a Vinnieboyvintage floor mat with lovely pink fawn!! So cute and Mel even gave me a few added gifts!! Thank you Mel!!


I found this lovely vintage Japanese futon cover or "Kakebuton". It is a type of comforter with retro vintage animals on soft pastel pink fabric. It feels lovely and so soft. There is even little gold threads running the length of the futon. It is quite beautiful, and a masterpiece to me! New/Old stock as well, because the futon still had its original tags on it!! Best find of this year for sure!! Then, some pixie tag ties below, for gifts or Christmas decor. I may used them for something else. Not sure yet?!

It has been a great month and it's going fast. Sara has started school the past week and I am still awaiting that appointment date for surgery...

Have a great weekend all! Be safe!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

2 comments:

  1. You did excellent work on that teddy bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest RM, aww, thank you so much dear! I truly appreciate you! It means a lot to me. Many hugs, Gigi

      Delete